2010silverado

Good evening ! 
Need a little assistance on a problem i have . with my truck.
i have a dead dashboard and after using a test light . straight to the fuse box , inside the hood area.  " I have no Light coming on"  . But from this point i have 2 items i blame and thats the Starter . and Alternator ?   Due to being cold outside. i wasn't able to reach where the starter is to test it out with the test light? just need some backup   ,if im checking the right items for the dead dashboard!?  

So, you turn the key from off to the "run" position (without trying to start the engine), and nothing on the dash powers up (needles don't move, prndl doesn't light up, various lights don't come on)?

Check that the battery is around 12V.  If it's anywhere close (even 10V+), then there is a problem with the dash and/or wiring to it.

If the battery is dead, then charge it/load test it, and then start testing again.

The starter is very unlikely to be causing your dash problem, the alternator could if it's not working right (too high or too low voltage output), but that's only after you get the engine running.

Yes, usually if i have the key in the ignition, with the door open.  i get the ringing of a normal door. But that doesnt do that anymore.  and the headlights dont even come on .. Can feel the deadness . knowing its possibly from several places. 1.  ignition switch 2. fuse box 3. starter 4. alternator 5.  battery lines .  

the battery still keeps its charge . at 12.5v  .   But other than that.  Im starting to think, the lines from the battery to the fuse box or anything in between .   Test light doesn't light up when testing the fuses . 

from the battery ? which one powers up 1st?  starter to alternator?? OR  alternator to starter.  ?  as i've never noticed before .. when it was running before breaking 

Edited by JonesOmb

I don't know about the wiring for the problem you are having, but I would highly suggest getting an online subscription to the full-service manual for your truck.  It'll have the testing procedures for figuring this out, as well as wiring diagrams and connection diagrams so you can trace where you should be getting power.  helminc.com alldatadiy.com or other web sites.