2016 Fob Help p/n 13577770

AE1M

I have the silver-metal sided FOB for my 2016 Silverado.  On my OTHER fob, I accidentally broke the small piece of plastic that retains the battery. See pic below.   Without it, a spring below does not allow proper contact of the battery as it pops up even with the cover on.  I would like to buy a replacement fob on Ebay and just swap the guts however I cannot figure out how to open the fob beyond this point to swap out the motherboards instead of paying a re-programming fee.  There are several sellers selling this p/n in the $35 range.

It was my first time replacing the battery and didn't realize it was being pressed in by this part, so I busted it off prying it up.

Anyone have tips how to get the guts out of this thing?  Tried some minor prying the sides near the metal etc, but thought I'd ask before fubar.  Removing the battery doesn't seem to offer any clues.

Thanks,

key.jpg

Edited by AE1M

You have to get the chrome pieces off to pry the rest apart.  I destroyed the chrome pieces trying to get them off.  Here is a pic of the parts:  https://www.ebay.com/itm/Keyless-Entry-Remote-Car-Key-Fob-Shell-Case-Cover-for-M3N-32337100-4b-Chrome/292260183861?epid=2265359433&hash=item440c107f35:g:Sd8AAOSwXLpZwBB5:sc:USPSFirstClass!70360!US!-1&vxp=mtr

4 hours ago, ftwhite said:
I think I broke that part off too, and my fob works fine. The contact point for the battery is on the opposite side I think in your picture.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Nevermind, I think I am seeing your picture backwards. You broke off the plastic lib over the side contacts?

Edited by ftwhite

8 minutes ago, ftwhite said:

I think I broke that part off too, and my fob works fine. The contact point for the battery is on the opposite side I think in your picture. 2e68ba38bd100093f71e432a1b4ac099.jpg

Yours is OK, here is the offender:

key2.jpg