Front bumper light bar

I have a 2015 Silverado 1500 lt,  2 wheel drive, no tow hooks in the front but I have the towing package. I’ve been considering getting a light bar for the front of my truck. At first I wanted to get one behind the grill but today somebody at work told me that you could cut out that empty plastic space under the grill, where the tow hooks would be if I had any and mount a light bar there. Has anyone ever done something like this before or any similar?? Please let me know 

ClemDog,

This is what I did with mine. I took out the slim plastic piece between the bumper and the bottom plastic piece. I installed a Rough Country 20" single row light bar. Throws a lot of light and is slightly recessed into the bumper.

lightbar.thumb.jpg.b81c0b79a05fc3dea8d75fc71b06fb21.jpg

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 6:17 PM, ClemDog said:

Thank you for the reply. That looks really good. You have a GMC or a 2016 Silverado? I just want to make sure that light bar will fit for mines. 

Sorry for the delayed response, work is a little hectic. I have a 2015 GMC Sierra.

• 1 month later...
18 hours ago, 14cris said:

I know its off topic but what mirrors are those? Aftermarket tow mirrors with power fold and all the bells and whistles?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just aftermarket tow mirrors, nothing extra.

Awesome!  Thanks for the pictures and explanations.  I think I'm going to try and mount it from the side or behind as I don't use a front plate and instead have that filler piece there but it's good to know that is an option.

Mugen, how did you attach yours since I see you have the same no front plate filler piece as me?