Advice on potential Suburban Purchase

I'm looking at a 2016 Suburban LTZ with about 53,000 miles.  It's pretty much loaded.  I'll be trading in a 2013 Tundra that has 56,000 miles.  Before the Tundra I had a 2008 Silverado with oil consumption issues and electrical problems.  I know the 2 are apples/oranges but a large SUV would really serve me and the family better now.  I'm hesitant because I love my Tundra and it has been trouble free and I don't want to get burned with another lemon Chevy.  Any advice?  I will be taking the Sub on a long test drive for sure to test for vibrations and other issues.

You should check the carfax although not always 100% accurate. You could also check the GM dealer for history on repairs and maintenance. Test drive as you indicated and look at the truck to make sure it is clean and looks well taken care of. I would also recommend a GMEPP extended warranty as these trucks are electronically laden. Check online pricing for extended warranty and have the Dealer match or beat the price. Good luck.

Drive it for as long as you can before signing the deal, check it out for obvious issues and then enjoy the piece of mind that there's a little bit of the power train warranty left.

I'm about to turn over 85k on my wife's 2016 burb we bought used and I'm still happy with it, it's the most expensive vehicle I've bought by far in my lifetime and don't regret it.

So I had new 08 Silverado that I drove for almost 90k with no issues. Swapped that to a new 2015 Sierra 50k no issues. Just traded that in for a used loaded 2017 Suburban with 40k and a few small issues. I need to fix the liftgate and the front passenger speaker. Just do a good test drive, I typically ask to fill out a "borrower" form and plan to drive it at least 1/2 the day on errands and what not. When you are using the car you can find a lot more issues.