Lockable Pistol Storage

If all goes well, I’m installing the center console in my 2018 crew cab this weekend. My next purchase will be for lockable storage for securing my pistol. I’m curious what others are using and , more importantly,  what they like and don’t like about it. 

I know Tuffy makes an insert for the console, but I’m sure there are other options out there. 

15 hours ago, 99silveradoz71 said:

I know some have added console safes from Locker Down to their rides.

Thanks, I'll check them out.

8 hours ago, 2017Darkness said:

Lock'er Down and Console Vault...I'm going with a Lock'er Down

I'll check those both out. Out of curiosity, why did you decide on Lock'er Down?

Thanks.

Not sure if your truck has it... but in my 2015 LT I discovered by mistake that if you pull up on the cup holders they remove and have a huge open compartment. I use it to "hide" my handgun. I generally just leave it in there cause from looking at it youd never suspect they pull out. If a thief is looking they will be going quick and hit Glove box and center console. Is it secure? Sort of. But I find it to be super convenient and useful. Plus it's not obvious that you have it so walking by no one going to want to break in. 

My 15 had that compartment too.  It's the perfect spot for a compact pistol!  Used it many times myself.  My problem is my 18 doesn't have it.  The cup holders are fixed.  I'm not sure if the older style cup holders will work in the newer ones or not.  Anyway, I'll be looking at the Lock'er down as well.

1 hour ago, Mike GMC said:

My 15 had that compartment too.  It's the perfect spot for a compact pistol!  Used it many times myself.  My problem is my 18 doesn't have it.  The cup holders are fixed.  I'm not sure if the older style cup holders will work in the newer ones or not.  Anyway, I'll be looking at the Lock'er down as well.

I have a 2015 LTZ.  And, I found the “hidden compartment “ under the cup holders while solving a mystery.  I thought I had lost a check then awhile later I got an overdue notice on a bill I thought I had mailed.  Being I’m one of those seasoned citizens I was thinking crap I’m starting to loose it.  Then, one day I got in my truck to go mail a letter, dropped it in the bin and took off.  Arrived at the post office and pulled up to the curb side mail box and reached for my letter.  Well... no letter.  But, this time I knew I brought the letter and put it in the bin.  Anyway, to shorten this story I did some extensive detective work I finally found the villian and the three missing items.  There’s a 1/8” slot between the cup holder and the bin rear wall.  Just enough to allow envelopes, checks and such to slide into the hidden space.  Anyone else have this experience?  Or, was I just lucky ?...

6 minutes ago, Snoringbear said:

I have a 2015 LTZ.  And, I found the “hidden compartment “ under the cup holders while solving a mystery.  I thought I had lost a check then awhile later I got an overdue notice on a bill I thought I had mailed.  Being I’m one of those seasoned citizens I was thinking crap I’m starting to loose it.  Then, one day I got in my truck to go mail a letter, dropped it in the bin and took off.  Arrived at the post office and pulled up to the curb side mail box and reached for my letter.  Well... no letter.  But, this time I knew I brought the letter and put it in the bin.  Anyway, to shorten this story I did some extensive detective work I finally found the villian and the three missing items.  There’s a 1/8” slot between the cup holder and the bin rear wall.  Just enough to allow envelopes, checks and such to slide into the hidden space.  Anyone else have this experience?  Or, was I just lucky ?...

Nah you just lucky Haha.

Pretty sure I found mine the first day I had it cause I have a tendency to break shit and accidentally pulled up on those when i was trying to remove the little rubber part ccause it had crumbs in it. Little did I know I didnt break and and actually found a hidden compartment 

6 hours ago, Dersch said:

Not sure if your truck has it... but in my 2015 LT I discovered by mistake that if you pull up on the cup holders they remove and have a huge open compartment. I use it to "hide" my handgun. I generally just leave it in there cause from looking at it youd never suspect they pull out. If a thief is looking they will be going quick and hit Glove box and center console. Is it secure? Sort of. But I find it to be super convenient and useful. Plus it's not obvious that you have it so walking by no one going to want to break in. 

I miss that "feature" of my '06.  The '09 doesn't have it :(