2016 Silverado 5.3 6 speed downshift jerks when slowing

I know I beat this like a dead horse but I'm at now almost 31k miles and still experiencing the downshift jerks when slowing down.  I feel them at 5-4, 4-3, 3-2, 2-1.  It almost feels like a tie up of gears or someone tapping the brake when it occurs.  I've had the taps reset a couple of times and also the valve body replaced.  Nothing has fixed it.  Also I feel a lunge or surge sensation on occasion when slowing.  I wonder if that is the torque converter is releasing????  Word is the torque converted is locked during Decel and unlocks and locks at each downshift.  Does this sound correct?  

Is this still normal characteristic or has anyone gotten theirs fixed under warranty?  I've tried M5 mode, I've tried turning off grade braking, nothing has corrected the issue.  

Thanks!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, njk4o5 said:

i had to go in a handful of times to have my trans looked at. they eventually replaced it to make my harsh downshifts stop

Hey bud,  was your's doing the jerks or was it actually clunking?  Can you refresh me on exact symptoms again?  

Thanks!

Folks, we can all post on these forums until the cows come home but it won't mean squat except to aid in the venting process...report ALL problems so there can be a collective information data report that can actually be reviewed and possibly put pressure on any manufacturer for a fix.

https://www.nhtsa.gov

• 4 months later...

Update:  Transmission was replaced under bumper to bumper at 33xxx miles.  I am still noticing harsh downshifts but not as bad, one other thing I noticed is the transmission is trying to get into the highest gear so darn quick.  At 32 mph it will go into 5th gear?!?!?  I've been told to give it 3k miles to have the transmission learn my driving.  Still doesn't feel right to me.... I now have 35xxx.