Swap 2011 Sierra rear bumper with 2014 and up

Hey everyone just wondering if any of you have put the newer style bumper with side steps 2014 to 2018? On a 07-13 Sierra and if so did the swap go easy like does it fit without modifications and is the trailer hook ups and spare tire drop spot remain working in same location and sizes also if you did modify what had to be done thanks in advance 

If you search there is a thread where someone did this on a 2012 or so truck, I don't think it was all that tough.. The bumper is a nice feature if you're in and out of the bed a lot but, I do miss the cleaner look a bit on the GMT900 trucks..

• Thanks 1

On 2/22/2019 at 3:09 AM, GMC Sierra fan said:

Hey everyone just wondering if any of you have put the newer style bumper with side steps 2014 to 2018? On a 07-13 Sierra and if so did the swap go easy like does it fit without modifications and is the trailer hook ups and spare tire drop spot remain working in same location and sizes also if you did modify what had to be done thanks in advance 

It does look like that the Swap would be more a less just a remove the old bumper and just bolt the new bumper on to the truck. At least that's what it seems like from the Thread below.

2014 bumper installed on 2013 Silverado

• 2 years later...

How does the license plates lights work would I have to get new style ones and plug and play or wire it up like how does all it work does the spare tire and all line up does the do I need to get a style trailer light harness and is that plug and play does it need wiring

• 3 years later...