should i take it off

admin please move if not in the right area   need opinions on this ranch hand grill guard if i should take it off or leave it on as this truck has a service body on it now and if grill guard is of no use i could get rid of some weight and hopefully up my mileage a point or 2 all opinions appreciated thanks

20190216_145703_resized_1.jpg

What do you use the truck for? I ran a cattle guard for 8 years when it was a farm truck. Worked well for that, also hada semi tire hit and it did provide some protection.

I removed the guard last year and my mileage is better. I also think they look funny on modern trucks, not as cool as they used to be. Maybe thats just me getting old.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Mikebtte said:

What do you use the truck for? I ran a cattle guard for 8 years when it was a farm truck. Worked well for that, also hada semi tire hit and it did provide some protection.

I removed the guard last year and my mileage is better. I also think they look funny on modern trucks, not as cool as they used to be. Maybe thats just me getting old.

i think mine used to be a farm truck and i took the regular bed off of it and put a service body on it these regular cabs are so very hard to find at least the good ones anyway

19 hours ago, CRApex said:

With  a service  body on it, just leave it.  If you put a regular box on the truck then remove it.  

I would second the service body. If your using it as a service truck you may need it some time. Can be handy in the field. I used my service truck bumper all the time, but that tends to happen when working on equipment.