Aftermarket LTZ Taillights

I have a 2018 Silverado LTZ Midnight Edition and am wanting to change out the stock tail lights for some smoked/blacked out tail lights and have found that factory LED tail lights seem to have no aftermarket options. Is it possible or even a good idea to buy the LT harness and downgrade to halogen setup to add aftermarket LED tail lights? I did find people doing the opposite on here but haven't found any answers regarding aftermarket LTZ options. Thanks

Edited by WeakenedSoul

I have a 2018 Silverado LTZ Midnight Edition and am wanting to change out the stock tail lights for some smoked/blacked out tail lights and have found that factory LED tail lights seem to have no aftermarket options. Is it possible or even a good idea to buy the LT harness and downgrade to halogen setup to add aftermarket LED tail lights? I did find people doing the opposite on here but haven't found any answers regarding aftermarket LTZ options. Thanks

Same truck same issue... I personally dont want to go through the process of downgrading my wiring harness so as of right now I’ve only found two alternatives. 1- just get the factory leds smoked with something like 20% tint maybe a bit darker but I’m sketched out about going too dark and people not being able to see me braking. Or 2- sending my taillights to someone like plain and simple or another custom shop to have them reworked and recolored from the awful bright red to black or smoked. Obviously the latter is exponentially more expensive and between all my other mods I’m doing I dont know if I can convince the wife to let me spend that kind of money on the color of my taillights lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just spoke with recon and they said that these will work for the 2018s they just haven’t updated the website yet.

https://gorecon.com/product/chevy-silverado-16-17-150025003500-replaces-factory-oem-led-tail-lights-only-also-fits-gmc-sierra-15-17-dually-body-style-with-factory-oem-led-tail-lights-only-oled-tail-lights-smoked-lens/

Just be careful they will work with a truck already made for LED tail lights. 

I asked and they said they did and on their website it says for factory leds only.

Not a fan of the Recon look and the Spyder looks pretty close to the same... think I might just smoke/black the factory lights. Anyone got pics of people doing this? And would vinyl tint or some clear coat with some black added be better?

• 2 months later...

I have a set of the Spyder tail lights I am willing to part with if anyone is interested. Nothing wrong with them, just decided to go with Recon after the purchase. Were maybe on the truck for 3 weeks tops. 20181218_182837-1008x490.thumb.jpg.41ccdfda8ad121157adeebfa0acc3f7f.jpg20190515_104057-1008x392.thumb.jpg.e20329b51a21d652f260951cd4cc4dff.jpg20190515_104113-1008x441.thumb.jpg.fb00c3ef26c44e1723a2c292199119fc.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/15/2019 at 4:36 PM, mitchely03 said:

and here they are with the brake lights on,

1.png

On 5/15/2019 at 4:30 PM, mitchely03 said:

Here are my lights. Haven’t seen anyone with them. 

DD8AEB8A-9B89-41C2-AA1C-3DAF1C960F06.jpeg

Which lights are these?...they are awesome