Upper control arm stops

With the RC 4" SST kit i installed i had same issue, so i installed the aftermarket bumpers because it was so close, you could have just done that lol.  They sell them on Amazon, called "low profile" upper control arm bump stops.

its been so long i forgot even what was there originally.  Was there anything there from the factory on these 2500's?

Edited by tooch420

• 2 months later...

I removed my bump stops. My upper ball joints were failing after 70k miles and a 2" lift/level with Fox coil overs. No spacers. The fox springs ended up breaking but at the bottom coil so they are still usable while I wait for new Fox 2.5s. My unproven suspicion is that when the suspension had a rapid down travel (driving off a curb or of rocks on trails), the UCAs hit the bump stop and caused a rapid stop. I could feel and hear these in the cab, and they happened often. These rapid stops eventually caused the spring to crack where the coil rests on itself and starts to rest on the lower spring collar.

In any case, Cognito suggested that I remove the stops and that I would not need straps unless the coil overs allowed enough travel that the UCAs hit the coils, which they don't. With the new UCAs, and not having the stops there (with aftermarket coil overs), the truck handles rapid down travel much better. It is smoother and doesn't have the rapid jolt of hitting the stops. 

Of course, your milage (and angles) may vary.   

20220625_232846528_2.png

20220630_175114380_iOS.jpg

20220626_001704932_2.png

• 1 year later...
On 3/26/2019 at 7:24 AM, Echo327 said:

A few hours. I started around 9AM and was getting it aligned at noon. I left the stop it's really not an issue with the new uca.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I have 2014 silverado.  I just did the 3 inches  lift and upgraded the control arms.  And I make the mistake of cutting the bum stop.  And now  the arms is rubbing the struck spring... if i can't  figure out how to fix it I'm thinking about  taking it off.