Upper control arm stops

My question for all of you is. Do I have to cut the stops off the frame after I put a leveling kit on. The picture is after the 3" leveling kit was put on. It looks awfully close to the stop. 621b6574dda0eb2eca7ce8d804791bf2.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Imagine any scene from dukes of hazard, but when ever they make a jump the front wheels fall off... Your bjs can't n handle missing that stop most likely. Heck if you still have factory ucas you'll need aftermarket ones soon enough.

• Like 1

Imagine any scene from dukes of hazard, but when ever they make a jump the front wheels fall off... Your bjs can't n handle missing that stop most likely. Heck if you still have factory ucas you'll need aftermarket ones soon enough.
The new upper control arms are on the way. I'll have them Thursday. [emoji41]

• Like 1

No matter what YouTube says. You have to remove the strut in order to get the upper control arm bolts out!! Alot of cursing went into the installation of these. Enjoy!9c0511c456aea545a463df67ca74e72e.jpgdf8fffb9a9edba515363966b52321b54.jpgedff02e52b6b3e8d6d5f6824f582ef9e.jpg25589fdc5ba55fe7975cbd48d18ddba9.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

No matter what YouTube says. You have to remove the strut in order to get the upper control arm bolts out!! Alot of cursing went into the installation of these. Enjoy!9c0511c456aea545a463df67ca74e72e.jpgdf8fffb9a9edba515363966b52321b54.jpgedff02e52b6b3e8d6d5f6824f582ef9e.jpg25589fdc5ba55fe7975cbd48d18ddba9.jpg

Echo

How much of a pain was this. I have a 3 in level as well and am ordering the uca tonight from RC. Are you happy with the RC control arms? What was the biggest pain of installing them? Did you feel a difference?

Were you able to put the uca in in your driveway?

Any device before i tackle the job?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

EchoHow much of a pain was this. I have a 3 in level as well and am ordering the uca tonight from RC. Are you happy with the RC control arms? What was the biggest pain of installing them? Did you feel a difference?

Were you able to put the uca in in your driveway?
Any device before i tackle the job?

Totally able to do it in my driveway. Do yourself a favor and completely remove the strut before you even start dealing with the uca. Also loosen the sway bar bolt. You don't have to remove it just loosen. I marked the position of the uca before I removed it. The difference in the ride is totally worth the work. Make sure you get an alignment afterwards. I took mine right to the tire shop when I was done. Good luck!

At least it will be worth it. I just remember trying to put the strut back in after adding the block to the strut for the 3 in level. What a b!+@& that was. Oh and I see you left the bump stop.... I here popp say lose it but i don't want any over travel.
About how long did it take you from start to end?

At least it will be worth it. I just remember trying to put the strut back in after adding the block to the strut for the 3 in level. What a b!+@& that was. Oh and I see you left the bump stop.... I here popp say lose it but i don't want any over travel.
About how long did it take you from start to end?

A few hours. I started around 9AM and was getting it aligned at noon. I left the stop it's really not an issue with the new uca.

1 hour ago, Echo327 said:

A few hours. I started around 9AM and was getting it aligned at noon. I left the stop it's really not an issue with the new uca.

Photo please of the stop 'after' sitting on the ground like you did the before please.  

• Like 1

Installed the arms last night at the shop. Probably took about 4 hrs. Tried removing the cam bolts w the strut in. 2 came out, 1 on each side but the front ones were hindered by the spring so removed the struts. Once the struts were out it went by much faster and smoother. I think trying with the strut in added some un-needed time. I did it on a lift but could have tackled it with some Jackstands and a Jack. I advice 2 ppl just to manipulate different parts but on your own would just take a bit longer. At the shop now getting an alignment. Already feels a little better. I will say these things are beefy. Definitely worth the upgrade and price

• Like 1