Motofab Level

Hello all,

i recently put a 2 inch top of strut billet aluminum leveling kit on my 2008 Silverado. Truck looks great, but it has made the front half and inch higher than the rear and I’m not a fan of the lean look. Any ideas on how to correct this? I thought about turning down the keys a bit but don’t know how it would affect ride quality. Thanks in advance!

Understood, How many miles to you have on it? Most leveling kits go down over time. Just nature with the extra pressure. I would think taking a few turns out of the keys would be IDeal.

23 minutes ago, Mikebtte said:

Understood, How many miles to you have on it? Most leveling kits go down over time. Just nature with the extra pressure. I would think taking a few turns out of the keys would be IDeal.

100 miles or so

6 hours ago, EastTNChevy said:

Hello all,

i recently put a 2 inch top of strut billet aluminum leveling kit on my 2008 Silverado. Truck looks great, but it has made the front half and inch higher than the rear and I’m not a fan of the lean look. Any ideas on how to correct this? I thought about turning down the keys a bit but don’t know how it would affect ride quality. Thanks in advance!

You don't have torsion bars on a 2008. Unless it is a 2500. So you're not going to be able to turn anything down.

You will have to add a kit to the back to make it sit up. Right now you have a 2in block already in the back. Go ahead and pick up a 3in kit. It's $60 https://amzn.to/2uj3Rhe

Your truck isn't going to sink over time. You added a block to the top of it lol. The block isn't going to shrink / sink / ect. 2000 - 2007 trucks that had torsion keys on them when you sat the truck back down the tires would be sitting in an angle so it would be higher as soon as it hit the ground. Once you moved it a foot the tire would flatten and it would be at ride height. Again, You don't have torsion bars.

Get the kit, or enjoy the squat. lol

Drive it, I know tons of people who's trucks have lowered over time. If 1500, the spring will compress as your pushing on the spring in order to raise the truck. If 2500 the spring bars will give a little over time as your adding to the twisting force.

Your call, wait or jump on it.

2 hours ago, carnau said:

You don't have torsion bars on a 2008. Unless it is a 2500. So you're not going to be able to turn anything down.

You will have to add a kit to the back to make it sit up. Right now you have a 2in block already in the back. Go ahead and pick up a 3in kit. It's $60 https://amzn.to/2uj3Rhe

Your truck isn't going to sink over time. You added a block to the top of it lol. The block isn't going to shrink / sink / ect. 2000 - 2007 trucks that had torsion keys on them when you sat the truck back down the tires would be sitting in an angle so it would be higher as soon as it hit the ground. Once you moved it a foot the tire would flatten and it would be at ride height. Again, You don't have torsion bars.

Get the kit, or enjoy the squat. lol

You know, I didn’t even notice I don’t have torsion bars when I put it on. Guess I’ll be buying blocks soon.