Transmission problem help

Hey guys hoping yall could help me with my truck.. I just bought a 2001 Silverado 5.3 with the 4l60e. It has 215k miles. They guy I bought it from sold it because it would not get out of 2nd gear. So when you leave it in drive and hit 35mpg it will go like into nuetrol and Rev up I keep it on 2nd and it just keeps going.. I checked the wiring from the transmission to the main fuse box. Checked all the fuses. Been reading up on what people have tried youtube etc and still no luck.. Just wanting to try everything before I have to get a new transmission cause I would hate to have the same problem with a new one.. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated ?

• 2 weeks later...

^What he said. As a quick and easy check, unplug the main transmission electrical connector and drive it down the road. It should default to 3rd gear (limp mode) if the clutches are intact, but if they're not it'll take off in 1st as before.

^^^^^^^^^^^

Pretty common for a 4L60e. Make sure you get a good rebuild, clutches, sun shell and the who package. Seen to many people purchase a cheap build and get clutch packs only and they have it fail within low miles.