My 2015 Silverado shut off while driving.

Just purchased a 2015 Silverado a little over a month ago with 49,000 miles on it.  A few days ago the truck shut off on me while pulling into a parking spot, 2 times. The dash was telling me to roll my windows up and a theft detection alert popped up. Wtf, did I buy a messed up truck. I had gm run a scan and it read that all of my computer voltages were low.  I got a new battery but the theft crap showed back up today though it didn't shut off this time.  Have read some other common threads with 0 solutions.  Any help would be appreciated!

Nothing specific, they just said that it showed that my computer system read low voltage across the board.  No check engine light or any other codes popped up. The only thing that popped up on my dash was the antitheft deterant and to roll up my windows.  I also do not have anything plugged into the OBD port. 

I have seen many issues similar to this on this and other forums and in EVERY case the problem was the ground cable from the battery and/or a chassis grounding point. A big problem is that there is corrosion that builds up inside the ground cable. It may look perfect from the outside. Don't trust the way it looks on the outside. The big indicator here is the message to roll up the windows. You will only see that if power was lost. You can try to clean up the ground points connections but odds are that the ground cable is bad.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 26/3/2019 at 9:49 PM, rusty503 said:

I have seen many issues similar to this on this and other forums and in EVERY case the problem was the ground cable from the battery and/or a chassis grounding point. A big problem is that there is corrosion that builds up inside the ground cable. It may look perfect from the outside. Don't trust the way it looks on the outside. The big indicator here is the message to roll up the windows. You will only see that if power was lost. You can try to clean up the ground points connections but odds are that the ground cable is bad.

Great info

Have your dealer look at PIT5405.  It addresses electrical issues and gives them 3 or 4 things to check (the battery cables and the G218 ground are 2 of the things).