XM Radio on Trail Boss Custom

• 1 month later...

I just bought my Kodiak edition Sierra and it came without XM. I hate XM so I don't care but I found it hilarious that they would leave something so cheap out. I was told you just need to contact XM and if you have a subscription they will send you the harness for free. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, CSachvie said:

I just bought my Kodiak edition Sierra and it came without XM. I hate XM so I don't care but I found it hilarious that they would leave something so cheap out. I was told you just need to contact XM and if you have a subscription they will send you the harness for free. 

just called them they said I would have to buy this portable radio for $69.99 but I don't want to add another radio. I will pay the $200+ and have the dealer install the infotainment system instead

https://shop.siriusxm.com/onyx-ez-vehicle.html

Edited by tomleo67

On 5/10/2019 at 10:34 AM, tomleo67 said:

just called them they said I would have to buy this portable radio for $69.99 but I don't want to add another radio. I will pay the $200+ and have the dealer install the infotainment system instead

https://shop.siriusxm.com/onyx-ez-vehicle.html

I purchased that radio on amazon for $15.95 , for my 2014 Sierra. Stupid easy to install. It plugs into the USB port that is located in the jump seat storage.

I wired it in to the RAP circuit for power.

18 hours ago, snowman44 said:

Does anyone have part number to get the xm upgrade?My dealer is not super smart

I think you need a complete new module that is XM capable. I bought mine from Anthony at MVI. He programmed my VIN in it and it was plug n play.

• 1 month later...
On 5/12/2019 at 11:20 AM, Quiteman said:

I think you need a complete new module that is XM capable. I bought mine from Anthony at MVI. He programmed my VIN in it and it was plug n play.

Do you have a link where I can get in touch with "Anthony at MVI"?  I need this same thing and already went through one place selling me the wrong unit that was listed incorrectly for the 2019 with IOR.