Infotainment System/Screen Not coming on!?!

So I started my truck with the remote start and got In my truck and the screen was off and couldn’t manage to get it to come on nor get my CD (old school I know) to eject. It’s been 2 weeks or so and not having any luck. Every now and then I can change the station and control the volume with the steering wheel controls, but that’s it. No Bluetooth. I have watched several videos on the YouTube. I have replace the fuse and checked to make sure the connections behind the glove box were good. The Chevy house won’t warranty it bc I have 45k miles on it even though I’ve had under 3 years. They said it’d be around $2k to fix it. 

Just curious if if anyone else has had this issue or know of some way to maybe fix it or an after market system that would be easy to install.

Might just say screw and get an AT4 if the wife will let me, but I finally have this truck the way I want it.  

Please Help.

1A811F9C-C82D-46FB-8709-A5A82F51F38B.jpeg

Edited by TeamGoose

Do the radio buttons work (volume, menu, home etc.)? If you pull the radio out there's a ribbon cable that connects from the mother board that gives power and function to the screen, it could be bad

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The top ribbon cable is for the screen, the bottom is for the radio buttons. If the radio buttons light up and work then you know you're getting power to the motherboard and the ribbon cable could be your problem. If nothing is lighting up, not even the buttons, then you're not getting power to the unit. Use an ohm meter/volt meter to test the plug on the wiring harness f870a1952afb0d7876efcf3e47a445ce.jpg

The top ribbon cable is for the screen, the bottom is for the radio buttons. If the radio buttons light up and work then you know you're getting power to the motherboard and the ribbon cable could be your problem. If nothing is lighting up, not even the buttons, then you're not getting power to the unit. Use an ohm meter/volt meter to test the plug on the wiring harness f870a1952afb0d7876efcf3e47a445ce.jpg

I can’t get the buttons to work, the only way I can control the radio is with the controls on the steering wheel and that doesn’t even work all the time. Sometimes the radio won’t even come on and when it does it’s a long delay before I here it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can’t get the buttons to work, the only way I can control the radio is with the controls on the steering wheel and that doesn’t even work all the time. Sometimes the radio won’t even come on and when it does it’s a long delay before I here it.

I'd pull the radio out and use a multimeter and chack that it's getting power. The plug on the driver's side of the back of radio is the power. On my 2015 the buttons went out but my screen still worked, in the pic above, the bottom ribbon cable goes to another small board for the buttons. I couldn't find anything burnt or broken on the motherboard or the ribbon cable. I was gonna go to a junk yard or buy a used set for another board and cables, but ended up trading it in before I found anything. But again, check the power supply and make sure it's getting power

I'd pull the radio out and use a multimeter and chack that it's getting power. The plug on the driver's side of the back of radio is the power. On my 2015 the buttons went out but my screen still worked, in the pic above, the bottom ribbon cable goes to another small board for the buttons. I couldn't find anything burnt or broken on the motherboard or the ribbon cable. I was gonna go to a junk yard or buy a used set for another board and cables, but ended up trading it in before I found anything. But again, check the power supply and make sure it's getting power

27cd7421227708658a44c9516dafdaab.jpg
27cd7421227708658a44c9516dafdaab.jpg

• 6 months later...

I have a 2016 Chevy Silverado 55k miles and the infotainment screen went dark about a month ago and then came back on after about 1 week.  I checked fuse but it was fine.  It came back on for no apparent reason after about 1 week.  I worked for a couple of weeks and then 1 morning it was dark again.  I also noticed that the usb's would not charge my phone when the screen was not working.    I don't really want to spend $2k...any other options besides going back to a Ford?

Eh, mine does this occasionally. Pull the fuse and stick it back in. All is well again. (i know you said you already checked the fuse, so I'm assuming you pulled it out). Hopefully mine doesn't decide to go out completely one day. 

I tried pulling the fuse and reinserting but it had no effect.  It just went out overnight will off and parked and then came back on a week later...stayed on for a week and then went off again.  I'm wondering if there is a software push coming via onstar that is causing this behavior?

This is typical behavior for the HMI module going out. The only option will be to replace the HMI module and have the new one flashed with the most recent firmware that GM has on file for your truck.