are you guys happy with the Range AFM disabler? I was not

Issues as well, Range AFM WORKED fine for a few months in my 2017 GMC Sierra w/ 6L80 transmission, the mileage was fine, drove fine.

about a month ago, my transmission acted up, wouldn't shift, over heated the transmission.

Now I was told to unplug the device and plug it in when truck was running. Then it worked again, for a while, now again, I am having shifting issues, truck shifts into high gear too soon, 1,2,3 is ok, then it goes 4th 5th 6th  too soon.

I will toss this thing and advise against anyone getting one. There are better ways. Cost me a tanny flush and reprogramming (reflash). Pfft. P.O.S.  is my opinion!

• 1 year later...

I have a 2011 Yukon XL. 5.3L At 300000 I got the miss fire warning sign. Took it to the GM dearler and was told you need a new motor. Can be installed for around $10000.00. Was not too happy about that sooooo. I bought a range AFM disabler, changed the spark plugs ( which 4 of them were badly fouled ) and now have 550000 KMS on the same vehicle with no issues what so ever. Only thing I notice is once in a while it seems to burn some oil rather quickly ...did some research and found I should have bought the AFM disabler sooner. I am a happy camper. I now also have a 2015 Yukon XL denali 6.3 L and guess what. It also has an AFM disabler and there are no issues at all. Even happier!!!

DW

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Just got my my range yesterday for my 2017 silverado 5.3 and on my way to work 2 times wen i was slowing down to turn the truck jerked while downshifting.....unplugged before coming home and drove home perfectly 

Edited by PistolPete007
Misspelled words

• 1 month later...
On 5/20/2021 at 9:31 AM, Joseph Randazzo said:

I just received my Range AFM delete and on my 2018 Sierra w/5.3 engine it would slam hard shift from2-1 when slowing to stop..I had to delete the delete device.I contacted Range and they could not figure out why but know of the problem.I think the Range device somehow messes with the transmission programming in some way,but Range says no.The device kept my vehicle in 8 cyl mode but the downshifting was horrible..No good for me..

Tranny on its way out not the range had mine in since putting a new trans in at 80k it been smooth! Ps the afm slips your trans on purpose to not to feel the dod kicking in