Tire Recommendations

Looking at getting some new kicks on the new ride.  I've narrowed it down to 3...General Grabber ATx, Goodyear All-Terrain Adventure with Kevlar, or Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT.  Anyone have any experience with any of those?  I don't do a ton of off-roading but I do tow and would like something that rides well on the highway.  I've had Duratracs, BFG TA KO2s, and Terra Grapplers and I didn't think any of them were that great.  Each of the 3 that I'm considering offer either a 30-day or 45-day trial period and satisfaction guarantee.

Also, I'd like to put on LT285/60R20.  It's a 33.5" x 11.5" tire.  Any issues with rubbing with a 2" level and stock wheels?

Thanks fellas!

Edited by Maize & Blue

Big Cooper fan myself. Have always treated me well. I live in Kentucky now but when I lived in Michigan their AT’s were always a popular tire for year round work. 

• Like 1

On 5/5/2019 at 6:00 PM, Maize & Blue said:

Looking at getting some new kicks on the new ride.  I've narrowed it down to 3...General Grabber ATx, Goodyear All-Terrain Adventure with Kevlar, or Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT.  Anyone have any experience with any of those?  I don't do a ton of off-roading but I do tow and would like something that rides well on the highway.  I've had Duratracs, BFG TA KO2s, and Terra Grapplers and I didn't think any of them were that great.  Each of the 3 that I'm considering offer either a 30-day or 45-day trial period and satisfaction guarantee.

Also, I'd like to put on LT285/60R20.  It's a 33.5" x 11.5" tire.  Any issues with rubbing with a 2" level and stock wheels?

Thanks fellas!

Did you end up getting anything? My trucks coming with the 2 inch lift too and I want to know what tires are gonna rub if I upsize the tires

21 minutes ago, BradenP said:

Did you end up getting anything? My trucks coming with the 2 inch lift too and I want to know what tires are gonna rub if I upsize the tires

Nothing yet.  I'm leery of upsizing until I know what will fit.  I don't want any rubbing.

Just now, Maize & Blue said:

Nothing yet.  I'm leery of upsizing until I know what will fit.  I don't want any rubbing.

Im cruising through forums now, Seen a guy rocking 305s on 20s with a 1 inch lift on the trail boss, that already has a 2 inch lift, so I imagine 285 will fit, if I find anything ill tag you but everything I have seen is for the 18s and I dont want to commit to tires until I know for sure like you

• Like 1