Rear end jumping sideways over bumps

It’s not the shocks it’s not because the oil gets warmer It does it in the winter 

My 2016 does it all the time on shitty roads don’t matter if I have the stock rims on and stock tires don’t matter if it has my MT‘s and my 20 inch rims that Chevy building a shitty truck if I knew that this was happening when I bought it I would’ve never bought it and almost those in the ditch

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Robert Hamele said:

It’s not the shocks it’s not because the oil gets warmer It does it in the winter 

My 2016 does it all the time on shitty roads don’t matter if I have the stock rims on and stock tires don’t matter if it has my MT‘s and my 20 inch rims that Chevy building a shitty truck if I knew that this was happening when I bought it I would’ve never bought it and almost those in the ditch

Mine did this new. Then I changed both shocks and springs and no more side hop step out. 

It's a half ton truck with a one ton haul rating meaning it is both over sprung and over dampened when EMPTY. Rides nice with 2K pound in the bed. :crackup:Doesn't even take than much. 500 lbs. will do.

OR a linear rate damper and softer spring rates and give up some haul. Need more? Buy a 1 ton. GM gave the people what they asked for and now they are crying they got it. 🥴

• Thanks 1

For our very light on the rears 22' LTD  Trail Boss  2.7L Turbo ......On our steep curvy narrow washboarded roads you let up on the throttle and idle up. 1500 RPM for that is max TQ and I ain't in a hurry.  I climb over 1000' to get to the hacienda from the Hwy. 

Or air down the tires. Usually the temp drop here does that automatically.....love technology!!!  

I add 720 lbs of sand tubes in the bed for winter traction.  

• Like 3