2017 GMC Sierra Denali Suspension Question

I picked up this beauty a little over a month ago.  She's used with about 38k on it.  I just got some new tires and a RC Level kit installed.

I noticed it rides a bit rough, both before and after the level kit.  I previously had a 15 SLT with 22's and thought that rode a bit better than the Denali.  So my question is: Has anyone else experienced or thought the same thing and is there anything I can do to remedy this?  For a point of reference I run my tires between 35-36 psi

59776687_10214700920378733_1256140284673130496_o.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Did your leveling kit come with sensor relocation brackets?  There are leveling kits specific to the Magneride system that include these.  If not, then the Magneride system thinks that your suspension is in extension by the amount of the lift and is adjusting the shocks stiffer accordingly.  You either need to get a kit that has the sensor relocation brackets or have a dealership perform a Magneride relearn procedure to set your new height as the zero height.

Need more info... In general 22's on MRC ride like azz, esp... the factory bridgestones, tire brand is important, IMO if it aint Michelin I wont run them on any of my vehicles. 

I am betting since you cant see your suspension level sensor reading, I'd bet its off regardless of the sales pitch plug and play.  I am fairly positive there is no relearn, your MRC relocation need adjustment, after working MB suspension systems for years, foolish to think a DIY'er can eye ball a level sensor. 

Dealership will charge you CP to zero the suspension.

Do yourself the VCX nano, best tool I purchased in a very long time.

Edited by camcamaro1991

Get rid of the 22's and put 18's on it. I have 20's and don't think I will ever even go that big again if I can option an 18" on an AT4. My 2010 All Terrain with 18's rode so much nicer than my 15 on 20's does. Switching the factory crap P-series tire to a LT E load made a big difference in not feeling a "ping" in the wheel when you hit a sharp bump.

• 1 month later...

So found the root of my issue... The tire shop that sold and installed the RC level kit did not have the proper kit for the Denali.  So needless to say I don't not have the bracket extension for the ride height sensor that controls the magneride.