Bypass catalytic converter engine code?

The previous owner of my 02 Silverado had straight piped it, and when I was putting the muffler back on I noticed he also cut off the catalytic converters. I have a few engine codes all related to that, is there any way to bypass around this, such as removing a fuse for those sensors? Eventually I'd like to put the exhaust all back stock once I have the time/money, but for now just looking for a temporary band-aid fix for it...

Codes like that come from the O2 sensors readings. You can have the computer programmed not to show those codes, but if you in a state or county that tests emissions you are not going to pass. It might be cheaper to put it back to stock than getting a tune to not show the codes. But the tune is more fun lol. 

• 1 month later...

Can't you just weld 02 bungs in the pipes at the approximate locations of where the originals were and hook up new sensors. If the engine is running good it should pass emissions tests as well as the engine needing the info from the 02 sensors for the fuel injection system.

Just realized my post may be too late. New to the forum and just getting my feet wet. didn't notice the date of the original OP's question.

Edited by RivGuy