P300 2004 Silverado 1500 5 3

Chasing the p300 code. Put a new engine from Jasper an new injectors in order correct the P300 due to valve being worn decided to replace the whole engine. I am lost on what is causing the problem. Fuel pressure is at 62psi. Not sure if it's the computer is messed up no codes show bad computer. Any suggestions 

Does it crank over?

Go to scannerdanner.com , become a member, follow the posting instructions, post under repair questions and help. 

Those guys over there will get you on the right track for sure. Top notch crew on their forums. Seems depending on the topic over here will dictate how much of a response you'll get. I will post this thread over there as well and see if any of the guys will venture over here to lend a hand. 

9 minutes ago, seabee28 said:

Yea it cranks over an runs, but with a real rough ideal. It not all the time though. So.e days it runs great an the next it's not 

May help if you took the time to form understandable sentences IMO.

:)

You ever perform a CASE relearn on it after the new engine was put in?  That stands for crankshaft angle sensor error.  Any shop with a decent scanner can do it and it takes 30 seconds.. or anyone with HP tuners or efilive.  If you didn't thats a good chance it's your random misfire cause.

Edited by SierraHD17

Well you missed something so go over it again lol.  If you didn't have the issue prior.. swapped the engine and now you do... it's something you did lol.  You can swap pcms and see but they don't just randomly go bad unless you fried it somehow on install.

Well that changes it a lot... so obviously it wasn't the old engine and whatever was wrong with it at this point because the new one still does it as well.  I would say get a scanner on it with someone that knows what they are looking at and drive it.  You probably will get a better clue.  What sensors did you reuse?

Well unless I come and look at the truck there isn't much more than spitballing.  Burn it and collect insurance... hahahaha.  Seriously though it could be a wire in a harness on either the coils or the the injectors that is either worn through, broken or broken inside the jacket and sometimes makes contact and sometimes doesn't.  Same for any ground or power from the fuse block.  It could also be a pin in one of the harnesses not making good connection anymore.   Burning it would be a lot easier lol

Yikes haha.  Well you can try the computer but it's probably seeing something it doesn't like and then the misfire occurs.  Sometimes that stuff can be flat out a nightmare.  My own 2013 6.2 Silverado has a random P0335 code and goes into limp mode here and there.  GM started trying to fix it when the truck had less than 5000 miles on it and today it's still there lol.  

I just bought the truck but i checked it out prior to buying it and the warranty history was colorful.  I will get it though

Edited by SierraHD17