Auto-Stop Eliminator Recall

Received an email that certain autostop eliminator modules are recalled due to battery drain issues.

This recall is only for the AE004 Silverado/Sierra product shipped before May 13, 2019

A new unit will be shipped in a few weeks that will prevent the battery drain.

If you have not installed it yet, best wait for the new one to arrive.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

56 minutes ago, ShamrockShooter said:

Lucky for me I'm just playing lazy I've had it for a few weeks and was going to install it today but it rained. Good thing I didn't

I think that’s why my auto stop stopped working altogether. One of the conditions that will cause auto stop to not function is a low battery. My truck will not auto stop now even if the switch is on.  I unhooked the battery a few minutes and the ASE worked perfectly again until I restarted. 

Hopefully that’s the issue. 

The email was very apologetic and kudos to them for making it right!  Shit happens. 

I think that’s why my auto stop stopped working altogether. One of the conditions that will cause auto stop to not function is a low battery. My truck will not auto stop now even if the switch is on.  I unhooked the battery a few minutes and the ASE worked perfectly again until I restarted. 
Hopefully that’s the issue. 
The email was very apologetic and kudos to them for making it right!  Shit happens. 
So you installed the Auto stop eliminator then then you think your battery was low so your autostop wouldn't work even when you enabled it?

6 minutes ago, ShamrockShooter said:

So you installed the Auto stop eliminator then then you think your battery was low so your autostop wouldn't work even when you enabled it?

Correct. It worked as advertised until about a week ago then I turned auto stop on because I was seeing how much I could get out of a tank. Auto stop never functioned. After a few days like that I unhooked the battery for like 5 minutes. Bam- autostop worked again with the switch on. Next time I started the truck no autostop. 

I bet the device has been draining the battery over time. 

25 minutes ago, ShamrockShooter said:

Hopefully someone will do a video of taking the console apart and post it to YouTube.

It’s not hard at all. Only that bottom trim piece under the switches. Gotta pull it HARD. 

Got the email as well.  I paid to have mine installed in March so it kinda ticks me off that I will have to do the same thing again.  I watched the guy tear my dash apart and while I'm comfortable doing a lot of things, there was a lot involved in ripping the dash and center console apart.  He had a hard time getting that bottom trim piece off like stated above.  I may give it a go myself this time.  I haven't had any issues with mine.  Never had a low battery and it has always given me the message upon starting the truck.

1 hour ago, ShamrockShooter said:

Hopefully someone will do a video of taking the console apart and post it to YouTube.

Travis uploaded an installation video to YouTube today. Although not linked to the website yet, you can go watch it here.