Advice: Vortec Max or Sierra Denali?

Looking to buy a used truck around 15-20k. I live in southeast Alaska need 4wd for snow and will be doing minor off road. After lots of research came down to Silverado Vortec Max 4x4 with 6.0 4 speed or a 6.2 Sierra Denali 4x4 with 6-speed. In terms of reliability and maintenance which is better/cheaper to have in long run? What is the highest mileage you would feel comfortable buying?

Yeah, this inquiry should probably go here: 

https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/forum/3-1999-2013-silverado-sierra-1500/

Having said that, I would vote for the Silverado with the 4 speed. I just traded my 2007 with that transmission in for a 2019 RST. Man, that was an excellent transmission. I never did like the way the 6 speeds shifted, personally. 

The transmission in the 07 and 08 Vortec Max trucks is a pile of garbage... it's a glorified 4L60e called a 4L70e and they pile up just like the 60es do and usually burn up the 3/4 clutches.  In 2009 and only 2009 the Vortec Max got the 6L80e with 3.73 gears out back like they did with the 2010 and newer 6.2 Max trailer trucks.  Totally subjective but yes the AFM is a knock against the L76.. unfortunately though the Denalis full time transfer case is kind of lame but for the average driver it will last forever.  Out of the 2 choices hands down the Denali. 

I would buy a 2010 to 2013 6.2 Sierra or Silverado personally... oh wait... I did lol.  If you bought in Alberta or Saskatchewan you could get a reasonable mileage one of those in your price range with the exchange.

Edited by SierraHD17