Knock Sensor

P0332 Code Bank 2. When I seen where knock sensors were located I went ahead and purchased both sensors and new pigtail (oem). Had it all replaced by mechanic. 3 days later light came back on. Same code. Any ideas? Fixes? Any help appreciated. 

You might try the cheap/easy check, and find the plug to the harness that was replaced, unplug it, and check that the guy actually replaced the harness (ie, one side going under the intake manifold looks brand new), and maybe spray some electrical contact cleaner in the plug from the main harness and plug it together again.

You could also have a bad new sensor (it happens, even something like dropping the sensor on concrete can make it fail).  It could also have been installed incorrectly (over/under torqued possibly), or the plug on the sensor possibly came off.

I would also recommend ACDelco electrical bits, they seem to work better than 3rd party bits.

To really diagnose what's going on, you need something like an oscilloscope or high-end scanner, to check the signal the knock sensors are putting out

Yeah purchasing it yourself and having someone else install your supplied parts probably just shot any warranty chances with a shop as most shops won't warranty carry in parts.

I hope it was diagnosed correctly to begin with. Anyone can throw parts at a vehicle aka "the parts cannon" , "parts changers" (half ass mechanics). Always better to diagnose properly or you'll have more of these issues.

You can pickup used Picoscopes for a small chunk of change but there's also cheaper options for oscilloscopes if you know how to find out how to Do the test.

IF you can snake a small camera under the upper intake Plenum I'd make sure they actually installed the parts as there's people that love to say they did things and come to find out they just collected your money because they have no warranty obligation to you because you brought your own parts.

Next time do a good search online and you'll see that you could easily do that job and diagnose it as well.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• 8 months later...

Did you ever figure out what the issue was that was causing the knock sensor code? I have the same issue now but dont believe it to be the sensor because it only sets a code when the truck is driven from cold. Once the truck is up to temp you can start it up a dozen times with no code set but once it cools off and you drive it again (from cold) it will set the code again. Really freaking weird!