upgrading from 4 inch screen to 8 inch screen

hey guys, i’m on a journey and it might be a impossible one but my 2014 silverado lt has the 4 inch screen, however it does have chevymylink, so from what i’ve been reading is that i need a new touch screen of course, then a new hmi module, BUT the thing is what’s the difference between the 2.0 and 2.5??? apple carplay more features?? don’t really care for all that but if it’s 50 bucks more and it works why not right?? LAST thing after i have the hmi module do i just install it in or do i need to send it somewhere to get reprogram? thank for anyone that can answer my questions :thumbs:

hey guys, i’m on a journey and it might be a impossible one but my 2014 silverado lt has the 4 inch screen, however it does have chevymylink, so from what i’ve been reading is that i need a new touch screen of course, then a new hmi module, BUT the thing is what’s the difference between the 2.0 and 2.5??? apple carplay more features?? don’t really care for all that but if it’s 50 bucks more and it works why not right?? LAST thing after i have the hmi module do i just install it in or do i need to send it somewhere to get reprogram? thank for anyone that can answer my questions :thumbs:

The only reason you need to upgrade to a 2.5 HMI is of you want carplay.

With the Carplay upgrade you'll need the usual suspects. Radio, HMI and USB port alongside the new touch screen assembly.

If you keep your 2.0 you'll just need programming and the touch screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, th3magpi3 said:

The only reason you need to upgrade to a 2.5 HMI is of you want carplay.

With the Carplay upgrade you'll need the usual suspects. Radio, HMI and USB port alongside the new touch screen assembly.

If you keep your 2.0 you'll just need programming and the touch screen.

thanks! in your opinion do you think upgrading to a 2.5 is a hassle? if so feel like i’m better off with just the 2.0. 

One more think, if i get the 2.0 module do i just install it or does it need to be seen somewhere to be programmed? thanks again !

You already have a 2.0 HMI in your truck. It's just programmed to use the 4" screen. Personally I would just say buy a carplay kit which includes all the parts you need and then just grab a screen.

I'd be more than happy to help you out. Send me a PM and I can give you my cell number and we can arrange a call.

• 2 years later...
43 minutes ago, 14rado said:

I have a 2014 Silverado and I’m looking for someone who can program my 2.0 hmi to work with an 8in screen instead of the 4in

Welcome to the site.

Contact @GTPprix, he is a vendor here on the site that specializes in this type of product.

• Like 1