About to smash my headlights with a hammer

So this might even be my second post on this subject.  I have a set of the eagle eye projectors on my 14 1500.  First time i mounted them they leaked, ok fine they are aftermarket lights its too be expected.   I take them back out seal them up good... add some goretex breathers and screw in breathers from theretrofit source.  Passenger side has been good since.  Drivers side was good for a while, then i go to wash my truck and shortly after hosing off the front end it fogs right up.  Took the headlight off and there was maybe a shot glass worth of water in it.  I dried it out.... covered the entire thing in soapy water and pressurized the housing to find the leak.  Sealed up what i found and put it back in.  Drove in heavy rain and it was fine.  Washed the truck again Saturday and the damn thing fogged up again.  Haven't taken it out to see how much water got in but im getting super pissed.  Ordered some more goretex patches but I don't know what else i can do about it.  any ideas?  anything i can be missing? 

anyone have any other ideas?  I was planning on taking it off again, letting it dry again, pressurizing and soapy water again.  FML
Unfortunately man. That looks like poor venting condensation. Also, it will take a while for the lights to stop doing that if they had a leak. You might need need to wait it out and allow thrn a week or two to go through heat cycles. This will eventually work out the condensation.
Have you tried putting them in the oven at like 180 degrees? Let them dry out and it can help to reseat the lenses in the channel.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, diyer2 said:

I would use 100 % silicone to seal them.

Redo every seam on the light fixture with it.

Maybe submerge them in water to leak test.

:)

i tried that last time and couldn't find any thing.  That's when i moved to the pressurization and soapy water method.  

3 minutes ago, FastWS6TA said:

Unfortunately man. That looks like poor venting condensation. Also, it will take a while for the lights to stop doing that if they had a leak. You might need need to wait it out and allow thrn a week or two to go through heat cycles. This will eventually work out the condensation.
Have you tried putting them in the oven at like 180 degrees? Let them dry out and it can help to reseat the lenses in the channel.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

ive gotten pretty damn good at taking the front end off so ill pop it off that way i can see how much is really in there.  if you're right and i hope you are... leaving it in front of the dehumidifier opened up for a few days should dry it up.  then ill put another 4-6 goretex breathers on it.  

1 hour ago, mikedeezxxx said:

Sounds like it’s time for new head lights. Once there fogged up, they always will be fogged up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

not true.. the passenger side fogged up i dried it out re-sealed it and its been clean as a whistle since.  for some reason the drivers side keeps giving me issues that i can't track down 

actually i found it.  Took all the electronics out and filled the housing with water.  Tested all the seals and there was one spot behind one of the trim clips that was leaking at a decent rate.  Re sealed it tested it and its good to go (for now).  we shall see.

• Like 1