Purchased a New Sierra, anyone run a 285/65/20

Hey guys,

been lurking around here a lot lately. I’ve managed to scroll through 56 pages of tire and lift posts and I think I’ve figure out what I need to do... now I’ve got to see some pics of this Set up. 

so here’s the truck, purchased on Memorial Day. 

Looking to run a 285/65/20 ko2 on my stock wheel.. with a 2” level.  I’ll end up doing a 1” block on the rear. But for now the 2”level is long overdue.

any pics of this setup on this wheel? I’m curious as to if it would fit. I know a 275/60 will. A 275/65 I think would too... However I question the 285/65/20. 

Or do you think the extra width isn’t worth the extra money per tire, and stick with a 275/65

748918AC-3680-4427-8EF8-9AD3B5350444.jpeg

Edited by Bill109

Man I don't know.  That tire is 34.5" and I really think you would get rub with that height with only the 2" level.  I run 33x12x20 AT2's on mine with that level and am all good.  I think that is a roll of the dice IMO.

4W

Congratulations on the new truck Bill.  BFG KO2 tend to run small compared to other All Terrain tires.  A friend has this same size tire on a 2018 2500HD Denali Duramax 4x4.  When I get a chance I will try to get measurements of the tires when mounted.

Mounted the 285's have a height of 33 and 3/4 inches.  This is inflated at 70 pounds of air pressure.

Edited by Lgetz
Added height of tire to post

So after some more precise searching it seems it is a little to big :/

so at this point I’m looking st the 275/60/20 in nitto ridge grapplers .

ive seen it will rub with a level.. but those are on the newer trucks. If I recall the 16+ trucks are different. 

Im looking for a truck with the same wheels with the 275/60/20 and a 2” level to figure it out. So far I have yet to see that size with the nitto RG on the same wheel. 

Help! 

Running the rough county 2.5” level kit with rear block.

https://www.roughcountry.com/gm-leveling-lift-kit-1305-10.html?find=2017-gmc-sierra-1500-4wd-374179

With the 275/60/20 Goodyear duratrac

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Goodyear&tireModel=Wrangler+DuraTrac&partnum=76SR0WDT&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

These tires have 16/32, where as the Nitto have 14/32 depth.

Im running them on the stock All Terrain wheels which are same as your except the painted accents.

I have zero issues and zero rub.

LMK if you want pics.

This is only photo I can find that’s a clear side shot. This is with the above set-up and maintains about a 1/2” rake, but it appears level and stance is just right. 

490ED04F-80F9-40B8-9249-05EC062746D2.jpeg

Edited by Fire2968
Adding text
  • Like 1