6 Speed Transmission

So two different things I am noticing with the way my transmission is shifting.

First, multiple times now as I am slowing down for a red light, the light will turn green before I am fully stopped and I will give the truck gas to get moving again, and it hesitates pretty bad. It'll barely move. I have to press on the gas pedal hard to get it to start moving again.

The second thing I have noticed is when picking up speed from a full stop, I feel as if the truck is "spuddering" along. It doesn't feel like a smooth transition between gears.

I can only describe it as if you're trying to run and a buddy keeps taping you on your back and pushing you forward as you're trying to run. I am thinking it's either the transmission or maybe its the knobby tires I am feeling as it's picking up speed?

On the highway it's great, but around town this truck does not like to coast or move slow. I can feel almost everything this transmission does around town.

I have also tried using it in L5. It feels better, but the above two things still happen.

I have the 5.3 with 6spd. It only has 900 miles on it.

Edited by Sin City Trail Boss

I drove a 5.3 with a 6-speed for 6 years. I dunno about the hesitation while accelerating but the first issue is one that drove me nuts for 6 years. If you think about it pop it into tow/haul mode and it'll shift 1000x better in that situation. It's got some aspects of it that make it annoying to drive in tow/haul all the time but it will help with the shitty shift points when your on that situation or getting ready to pass someone and you need it to down shift quickly.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

33 minutes ago, BringTheRain403 said:

I drove a 5.3 with a 6-speed for 6 years. I dunno about the hesitation while accelerating but the first issue is one that drove me nuts for 6 years. If you think about it pop it into tow/haul mode and it'll shift 1000x better in that situation. It's got some aspects of it that make it annoying to drive in tow/haul all the time but it will help with the shitty shift points when your on that situation or getting ready to pass someone and you need it to down shift quickly.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Dang, I was hoping it was something that would work it's self out after a few thousand miles. Guess not.

Go beat the crap outta the truck, it'll make the adaptive learning really work.

I tend to drive with a lead foot sometimes and have no issues with heavy throttle from stand stills. I've yet to ever have any issues with low speed transmission shifting or a dragging issues. I've had three 6L80e trucks now.