Multi pro tailgate removal

I removed my tailgate recently. It does come off at the 45 degree angle but not easily. I'm not sure if the damper puts some added pressure on the hinge. Keep tugging though, it will release.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I removed my tailgate recently. It does come off at the 45 degree angle but not easily. I'm not sure if the damper puts some added pressure on the hinge. Keep tugging though, it will release.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Thanks I thought I was going crazy

Did you have any problems with your back up camera after unplugging

This morning I got a service rear camera message with a blue screen but it went away quickly and has not come back yet

I was installing a putco light blade

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
On 8/4/2019 at 5:33 AM, Opiedeegs said:

Thanks I thought I was going crazy

Did you have any problems with your back up camera after unplugging

This morning I got a service rear camera message with a blue screen but it went away quickly and has not come back yet

I was installing a putco light blade

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can you post pics with the putco blade? Will be doing mine soon and would like to see how it looks. I was concerned because the bottom spacing when its closed looks smaller than most trucks.

On 9/25/2019 at 7:18 AM, Breceda2019nali' said:

Can you post pics with the putco blade? Will be doing mine soon and would like to see how it looks. I was concerned because the bottom spacing when its closed looks smaller than most trucks.

Here is a pic with the Blade on mine,  they also have a style that is only red for brake and directional.  I installed mine without having to remove the tailgate

Blade Lightbar.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ScottSart said:

Here is a pic with the Blade on mine,  they also have a style that is only red for brake and directional.  I installed mine without having to remove the tailgate

Blade Lightbar.jpg

Looks awesome! I pulled the trigger yesterday, also in the red (without amber flash). I feels it looks more oem and wanted to keep the rears all one color. I also ordered the quick connect harness. Hopefully it makes the job easier! Thanks for the post 

• 2 months later...

Scott,

How did you install the light bar without removing the tailgate? I ask because I tried to slide my fingers under the tailgate and onto the metal the light bar would adhere to and I couldn't touch. Guess my fingers arent long enough. 

Second question, do I have to snip the wire the directions talk about or just connect everything via the Quick Connect Harness?

• 1 month later...
On 12/26/2019 at 7:43 PM, AMADDOX said:

Scott,

How did you install the light bar without removing the tailgate? I ask because I tried to slide my fingers under the tailgate and onto the metal the light bar would adhere to and I couldn't touch. Guess my fingers arent long enough. 

Second question, do I have to snip the wire the directions talk about or just connect everything via the Quick Connect Harness?

Also curious as to how you did it without removing the tailgate.

Run the wires around the outside of the bumper (I ran mine around the driver's side of the vehicle).  One you get the wires underneath the truck, Use the double sided tape on the 4 clips that came with the lightbar.   This is where it got tricky and maybe tough to explain through a forum without photos. 

Use some kind of straight-edge (yard stick, etc.) and make sure you mount the 4 clips level.  Once you have done that the lightbar should snap right into place.  It will be a tight squeeze for your fingers but can be done without removing the tailgate.  

One other piece of advice, my harness did not come with a connector for the reverse wire, so I had to run to the auto parts store and buy a coupler to connect the 2 reverse (white) wires.   

6 hours ago, AMADDOX said:

Run the wires around the outside of the bumper (I ran mine around the driver's side of the vehicle).  One you get the wires underneath the truck, Use the double sided tape on the 4 clips that came with the lightbar.   This is where it got tricky and maybe tough to explain through a forum without photos. 

Use some kind of straight-edge (yard stick, etc.) and make sure you mount the 4 clips level.  Once you have done that the lightbar should snap right into place.  It will be a tight squeeze for your fingers but can be done without removing the tailgate.  

One other piece of advice, my harness did not come with a connector for the reverse wire, so I had to run to the auto parts store and buy a coupler to connect the 2 reverse (white) wires.   

Did you use the putco gmc harness?