Turning off the Afm for 18 e assist Silverado

I would love to disable the afm v4 crap on my 18 Silverado I have the e assist I tried the range disable and got check engine light and my dash literally lit up like a Christmas tree. Any other ideas or suggestions  I do have warranty on this. 

Edited by Lower 18

Answer is yes. you can call a performance shop and request just afm all the way to a full tune. and pay him, get it flashed and be done or buy the device $299.99 and still have it done anyway you like. that way if you want you can flash back and forth the tune or if you mod the truck you can also plug it back in and change it. 

Point is once it is unlocked $100 it is unlocked for life. 

To be honest it is one button to disable once you one the device and credits. And the software is user friendly but possibly over some peoples heads. 

HPT MPVI 2 you need a laptop to flash the truck. Also it can scan and delete codes and also data log as you drive. 

Also some people have found local people that have a MPVI and bought the 2 credit and hand the guy a few buck just to flash the truck and be done. As I said it is just one button in the software. But I would save the stock tune file on a thumb drive just to have. 

So read truck with device save file then push the one button save again as afm/dod disabled and then push write to vehicle button. unplug device and drive away. no if you wish you can send that file to a shop and they can modify it any way you like. or if you ever want anyone with the device can change it back to the stock file or any file. 

• Like 1

A 2018 would be 4 credits to do it but you will want to confirm that the E-Assist model is supported.

If it's anything like the older GEN 4 truck like the yukon/escalade that run that hybrid type system, the computer is just a slave to the other controller and pretty much nothing can be tuned on those computers.

• Like 1