6l80 tuning with blue cat software

Do any of use that software to tune your 6l80 ? I inputted everything based off a 10-up camaro with the 3.42 gears and 32.99 tire height and this is what it comes up with . Does that look good to y’all if so what tables do you export it all in too ? 

1731FA1A-8D9D-4659-9C8C-2D88040D8A36.jpeg

It is a great software to show you what the changes do before you make them. it mostly allows you to adjust the shift time fast and easy. also like HPT you can "compare" by looking at a 6l80 in a car then looking at the truck. I would not use a camaro file on a truck with out some adjustments. 

In the video you will see when he exports the tables he has to do each one with a copy all then paste to hpt in the tables matching header. 

also make sure the VSS, tire size, and stall data is right. 

But he has great videos on this. 

then with the right configuration file data log it so you can see gear, throttle, shift, slip, and speed. but mostly drive it and see if you feel happy. then review data to know. 

Once you get into PE(power enrichment) then we want to look at the torque management and see if the slip is getting to high. to some this may be common knowledge but I say it anyways. the trans has to slip to some level. or the ride quality would be very harsh. It does this with the torque management (also reduces the throttle), also for traction control(tcs), downshifting, and so on. 

Next compare some years and models of 6l80e. The area most tunes and customers have the most differing option on is lockup. Seems 4gear and up is best for street manors. but even gm switched this in the stock tune do to wear on the torque converter(TC). if it was a high power or lighter vehicle that was track only then lock them all. 

• Like 1

Got messages from a few members so easier to post here.
The speed is it shifts at is important because if values are too lose it will jump between up and down shifts. Also are you common cruise you want to get to 6th.
Rpm is also a matter of throttle position and the power enrichment. If the tran can't shift fast enough before redline and rev limiter or fuel shut off then you will have issues. Both in the torque management and the physical trans. Also unless disabled the torque management will try to "fix" the tran tune. But it is also limited. So this is where data logging is important. With the right channels in the data you can see slip and the TM working.
If this isn't a track vehicle we keep the reduced torque in shift to protect a delayed shift.
Line pressure is the simplest way to reduce slipping that isn't commanded by TM and prevent wear but IMO on a stock trans nothing crazy here.
Also on stock trucks I keep max rpm at 5800.
Oh always watch out for "max" values as for some reason it allows them but then has issues with it. Like speed and vss.

I know this is a tran post. But on the engine side I change the TCS(traction), disable the dod, remove the fuel cut off. And of course change the pe for 100% at all rpms. This way when we data we can fix the fuel tables (well as much as the data allows) and we don't build a whole trans tune with other "nanny" systems coming in a limiting it.

I have abs,traction, limiter and misfire over ride on my tune. So I can do rolling burnouts and 2 step launch control.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Tell ya what this tread taught me. A GM dealership re-flash of the factory 'installed' settings is useless for other than assuring the base settings were not corrupt or after a major repair. They don't 'fix' anything because they don't 'do' anything. If the flash is a updated tables flash...that is a different kettle of fish.

If the OEM build installed factory tune is the cause of a failure, restoring or assuring that those settings that crashed the system are functional is insurance it will happen again. Man I miss governor/vacuum controlled hydraulic transmissions.

Tell ya what else I learned. Not a job for rookies and cherries. Just because a guy has the software and a shingle doesn't mean he has a clue. 

1SLOW1500, hats off for this very informative presentation. Thank you. 

• Like 2

just get the software and tinker on it. only play with one parameter at a time and data log so you can see your changes.

the datalogging skill is the 1st skill to understand , HPT includes this with the software. they have one of the best logging tools out there.  and its free with the programmer. otherwise a cheap bluetooth obd and torque 2 tablet software is where i would start.

Edited by flyingfool