2015 chevy 1500 shocks.. w/ 6.5" lift

Bought my truck as it sits except different tires. It has I believe a zone 6.5" lift. Bought with 11k miles now at 78k. It had the lift on it when I bought it.

I believe it is time for shocks. Alot of creaking and croking on take off and and flexing of the suspension.

What shocks should I get? Not trying to spend an arm and a leg. I will need longer than factory shocks.. right? 9b16279cb0bf1ff48f48decd1b7cf43b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

On 8/13/2019 at 2:31 PM, hondarider94 said:

Bought my truck as it sits except different tires. It has I believe a zone 6.5" lift. Bought with 11k miles now at 78k. It had the lift on it when I bought it.

I believe it is time for shocks. Alot of creaking and croking on take off and and flexing of the suspension.

What shocks should I get? Not trying to spend an arm and a leg. I will need longer than factory shocks.. right? 9b16279cb0bf1ff48f48decd1b7cf43b.jpg

If you're still using the front lift spacers with the zone kit, stock length shocks up front. Rear shocks would be longer, yes. 

You can replace the fronts with full length coil overs and remove the spacers though, if you wanted. Would give a nice ride, but a bit more costly. 

If you're still using the front lift spacers with the zone kit, stock length shocks up front. Rear shocks would be longer, yes. 

You can replace the fronts with full length coil overs and remove the spacers though, if you wanted. Would give a nice ride, but a bit more costly. 
I'm probably going to be a tight ass and not remove the spacer. I'll snap some pics

Front look to be Rancho. Rear ??
I'm wanting to change them myself. Do I just measure from eye to eye?a6c10319c760b522f08c1cf0d65f3e21.jpg17cfd346ab46cad6b879af9f65153ca5.jpg

Yuck! You’ve got stock Ranchos, get rid of them immediately! Look at Bilstein 5100 up front and rear, re-torque everything, grease up what needs greasing and you should be good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yuck! You’ve got stock Ranchos, get rid of them immediately! Look at Bilstein 5100 up front and rear, re-torque everything, grease up what needs greasing and you should be good to go.

But what size do I need... that's what I'm getting at. How long?

Most applications go up to 6" lift. Mine is probably 6.5in front and 6 or 5.5 in the back. Just get it close or?

But what size do I need... that's what I'm getting at. How long? 
Most applications go up to 6" lift. Mine is probably 6.5in front and 6 or 5.5 in the back. Just get it close or?

I can’t tell you what you’ve got, you’re asking me to guess? Go measure your rear block and take pictures of your rear leaf springs and send that to me