4G LTE Wifi without Onstar?

I just purchased a Yukon XL so I still have all the trial plans that GMC and Onstar provide.  I'm trying to figure out the plans after the trials end.  I don't want any of the Onstar functionality, just the LTE Wifi.  I can't tell if I need so be an Onstar subscriber for the LTE data plan or if it changes the price.  At the moment, with all the trial plans, I can get 24 months of unlimited data for $450.  Will this still be offered if I don't renew any of the other GMC or Onstar plans? 

Some of the (confusing) documentation seems to suggest I have to be an Onstar member or subscriber. I chatted with a rep via my.gmc.com and she said I could get just the LTE wifi without any other Onstar plans, but I don't fully trust customer service.  Does anyone actually have just the 4G LTE wifi without any other services or plans? What prices and options are available to you?

I've had it before without OnStar being active. Last I looked it was $10/GB/month or $20/month unlimited. At one point, if you had an AT&T unlimited plan you could add it to your plan (still $20). I've not kept up with it because I just used my phone data when needed.

You don’t need onstar for the data plan. I just did a the year plan for $250 (normal is $25 a month) so I saved 2 months. Paying for itself with the kids and their iPads

Ryan B.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Is is possible to link my phone's data through the mylink wifi?  Also is there a good app to integrate the phone with the GPS system.  My Garmin has an app that links my phone to the Garmin GPS.  If l (or my passenger) looks up something on my phone and it has a "directions" link, I can send that position to the GPS and add it to my trip.  This is very useful when traveling cross country and needing to find a place to eat or a hotel.

CharlesHahn