A/C Compressor Pulley

I am new to the forum, so I am not entirely sure this section is where my particular question belongs. Anyway, last weekend I was replacing the water pump on my truck and the fan clutch nut was on REALLY tight. I tried several methods to get it loose, one of which was a bad idea in hindsight. I secured a chain to one of the front bolts of the a/c compressor and to the water pump pulley to prevent the pulley from moving. After reefing on the wrench a bit I paused and realized that all of that pulling on the wrench was putting a lot of pressure on the top part of the a/c compressor pulley, as the chain was routed from the compressor bolt, over the compressor pulley, and down to the water pump pulley. The pulley got a little marred, but do you think I may have caused any other damage to this pulley or the compressor? I have the 4.3l vortec engine.

You should be able to spin the pulley by hand and see if there is any alignment problem.

Any links in the pulley track could be filled out, but you run the risk of sharpening the metal tracks which could cut the belt. You will need to round these off or get a new pulley and bolt.