DPF regen problems causing engine shutdown

Very frustrated with my new 2018 GMC Canyon duramax  only 3200 miles and have a engine light on due to I believe DPF & DEF tank level "OK"  message.

Engine shutdown  with a lot of dash lights on  then reduced power only 15mph

after some checking and getting dark with 25 miles to home was able to drive home with check engine light on

I filled the DEF tank this morning with almost 2.5 gal of new Blue DEF never any notice or indication of low DEF but I watch the DEF message in the DIC from day one when I filled it in November

Not new to diesel presently own 6 other large & small rigs 1970--2015 this seams like a defect in the CPU not able to manually run a regen cycle  with a emission light on

Now dealer Tec says I don't know how to drive a duramax & should get a gas one. What kind of BS is that & they say warrantee may not cover the manual regen & new oil change needed after they

toast the oil. what say anyone ?spacer.png

• 1 month later...

The Tech sounds like a dope. It does need occasional 30 minute high way trips to regen. I get 6000-9000 miles between oil changes, and I let me DEF run down to 10% before filling it.

My tech said, you want to trip the low DEF periodically. If you keep it topped off the programming assumes the sensor is broke at some point. I can’t imagine that would apply to the low milage you had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk