Window Switch/Motor Diag Help

Drivers switch cluster nor switch at rear window will operate the window. Switch has power but none of the other wires show power when I operate the switch. I figured switch! But when I apply 12v to either motor terminal it doesn't go up or down. See video. Possible motor and switch are bad? I'd appreciate some input/advice!

Vid of my diag efforts

Edited by jeffd
Fix link

15 hours ago, jeffd said:

Drivers switch cluster nor switch at rear window will operate the window. Switch has power but none of the other wires show power when I operate the switch. I figured switch! But when I apply 12v to either motor terminal it doesn't go up or down. See video. Possible motor and switch are bad? I'd appreciate some input/advice!

Vid of my diag efforts

I don't know the logic the computer uses for those rear doors.  Is there a lockout if the door is open to prevent operation of the windows?  Is there a control wire going from the switch to the motor also?  Do you have a scan tool that can read the BCM codes?  These codes will tell you exactly what went wrong and why.  Some switches require reprogramming but a new motor would not.  Try that switch on the other side.

I also commented on the video, 

Dude your doing it all wrong. you are not completing the circuit by only connecting one wire. Plus when you "ground the prob" you are not lighting up the test light which means you don't have a proper constant power.

First thing is that you need to complete the circuit, take the motor and put one wire to ground then another wire straight to the battery. this will tell you if its the motor. if the motor moves then you need check the switch for continuity. if that is good then its deeper in the wiring, and you might want to take it in.

• Thanks 1