Ok to install 2" leveling kit ?

Is it ok to install a 2" leveling kit as long as it is the kit that installs in the lower position? I heard horror stories about ball joints wearing out very quick with 2" kit. I believe it's the kit that installs in the upper part of suspension that can damage the ball joints? Just freaking out a little, LOL. I hate to mess up a really nice truck the first wee I have it.

I have done a few different trucks,  and had my last 3.5” lift on the front of a Tundra. It was popping a clicking and occasionally bound up the ball joint, which for sure can cause problems and wear out/damage them. 

That being said, I have a 1.5” motofab on top of my already 2” lifted Trail Boss (total of 3.5” on the upper arms) and they don’t look that bad. Yes, the angle could be better. But I have not heard them pop or bind once. Full lock to lock, over bumps and hills. Nothing.

I’m not saying this is perfect geometry, bc it isn’t. But for me, it was a great really cheap option, until I decide on a more permanent solution. 

• Like 1