Need info on leasing. Pro/Cons

On 8/29/2019 at 9:40 AM, 2017Darkness said:

Soooo many things wrong with this...

1. Go buy a new vehicle and try to get rid of it in the first year or two of ownership and not pay a penalty. You will more than likely be upside down by quite a bit.

2. Leasing has 0 effect on the cost of insurance.

3. Unless you have money down or trade equity going into a purchase, probably not going to have much, if any equity when you want to trade.

4. Or turn it in, walk away and get a new one for usually the same payment.

5. If you're smart, you know how many miles you drive every year and build that in at the beginning of your lease.

I lease all my wife's vehicles, she's on number 6 or 7 and have never been burned. Her Acadia Denali would have been $675 payment for a 72 month purchase or $450 for 36 months taxes included. Don't have to buy tires, brakes, or any major services. Turn it in, walk away and get the new one.

Amen to that! besides with all the shity issues these $50-60k trucks have now days why would you want to "own it" for more  36 mths. more than likely the bank owns it for 60-72 mths. 

LEASING ---- gives you the option to return the POS!  and pull the trigger on another for 36 mths. 

My brother once showed me a document demonstrating that it would be cheaper for him to  take a taxi to his destinations than to own a car.  My wife is currently urging me to agree to selling  both of our vehicles and share a small SUV.   Both my brother and my wife don't place the same value as I do in vehicle ownership.  I could probably lease my "lottery win dream truck" but it would not give me the pride of ownership I have with my current '15.   This thread is informative and provides some good financial considerations.   Sometimes money is not the most important consideration!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, HONDABBQ said:

The SLT has a list of 72k. I’m off the lot for 51.5 k. 

What?!  An SLT listed for 72k?  Have they gone up that much?  My '17 Denali Ultimate was only 65.5k list.  That lease is up in 9 months and now you got me worried!

39 minutes ago, iwannaseeatnight said:

What?!  An SLT listed for 72k?  Have they gone up that much?  My '17 Denali Ultimate was only 65.5k list.  That lease is up in 9 months and now you got me worried!

LOL, If you notice in my avatar I am located in Canada.

• 3 years later...