Front Camera Wiring Harness Installation

17 minutes ago, mergeink said:

Thanks for that info. I am currently working with WAMS to get this setup. 

Knowing you dissected your friends car, as far as the mirrors, I currently have the side mirrors with an LED light on the bottom and motorized mirror. Seems like I just have to remove the bottom plate with one that has the camera hole? do you know if perhaps the harness is pre installed?

the wire was not in mine but i did not have power fold/puddle light. i can tell you mine had a coax in door harness but not in body harness.  you can see in this pic.  i messed up tip on one that came with car when removing from connector.  you can see where i inserted my new custom wire.

Screenshot_20200804-173641_Photos.jpg

34 minutes ago, Rally6.2RST said:

the wire was not in mine but i did not have power fold/puddle light. i can tell you mine had a coax in door harness but not in body harness.  you can see in this pic.  i messed up tip on one that came with car when removing from connector.  you can see where i inserted my new custom wire.

Screenshot_20200804-173641_Photos.jpg

I'm just going to have disassemble mine and see what I see.. Thanks a lot you have been great help. 

• 1 month later...
On 8/4/2020 at 3:17 PM, mergeink said:

I'm just going to have disassemble mine and see what I see.. Thanks a lot you have been great help. 

What ended up happening?  I had a 2019 Silverado that had these mirror cameras and loved them.  I recently bought a 2020 with the same trailering camera package and they took that camera away but would love to get it back.

thanks

• 3 months later...