Electronic suspension

Hey guys! I’m new to the forum. I’m in need of advice really bad. I own a 2015 sierra denali 6.2 4wd. I recently decided to get rid of the magneride struts and replaced them with conventional struts. The problem now is that my truck will not go past 85MPH!! Is this because the strut job I just did? Please help and thanks in advance! 

Yes, I'm guessing you didn't install a bypass kit or resistors where the ride height sensors and shocks are plugged in (8 total connections). Your ECM thinks there's a problem with your suspension because it's no longer getting a signal from your Magneride shocks and ride height sensors. It limits the speed as a safety precaution. Corvette guys deal with this issue all the time too when they make modifications to race it. You either have to splice in resistors at each connection, or buy a bypass kit. There are cheap ones you can find on eBay or you can pay for a professional, but expensive, kit through X-ineering.

You're probably getting the "service suspension" message on your cluster. If you install a kit/resistors correctly, that will go away and you'll be able to drive over 85mph.

Edited by midwestdenaliguy

1 hour ago, midwestdenaliguy said:

Yes, I'm guessing you didn't install a bypass kit or resonators where the ride height sensors and shocks are plugged in (8 total connections). Your ECM thinks there's a problem with your suspension because it's no longer getting a signal from your Magneride shocks and ride height sensors. It limits the speed as a safety precaution. Corvette guys deal with this issue all the time too when they make modifications to race it. You either have to splice in resonators at each connection, or buy a bypass kit. There are cheap ones you can find on eBay or you can pay for a professional, but expensive, kit through X-ineering.

You're probably getting the "service suspension" message on your cluster. If you install a kit/resonators correctly, that will go away and you'll be able to drive over 85mph.

Thanks for the feedback! But how will/can I splice resonators? To the connectors how does that work? 

Sorry, meant resistors not resonators (was looking up exhaust options when I replied to your thread) - I corrected it in my first reply. You splice these (see ebay link below) directly into your ride height and shock connections on the truck. There are two wires on each connection, so splice the lines open and one resistor wire ties into one connector wire and the other resistor wire ties into the other connector wire. If you plan on trashing your Magneride shocks and ride height sensors, you can cut off those connectors and tie in a resistor on each of them and plug them into your factory connections on the truck (video below from a guy who did it). You risk corrosion if they're not sealed properly. Also test the truck first by twisting them on and not soldering or crimping anything. May need to mess with them to ensure proper connection and everything works ok. Google it and someone may have posted pics/videos of how they did it.

If you left your ride height sensors on your truck and plugged in, you won't need resistors for those, just 4 total (one for each shock connection). If you took your ride height sensors off as well, then you'll need 4 more resistors for those connections.

https://www.ebay.com/i/301100426052?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-117182-37290-0&mkcid=2&itemid=301100426052&targetid=475515229141&device=c&mktype=pla&googleloc=9022859&poi=&campaignid=6469750693&mkgroupid=79220282802&rlsatarget=aud-622524040998:pla-475515229141&abcId=1141176&merchantid=6296724&gclid=Cj0KCQjw2efrBRD3ARIsAEnt0ejMXO2xsbwM7dqI1vkesQ8K8M6qVWFMYO7aVyjjJo7cUoVCFdxaRUIaAhfgEALw_wcB

Edited by midwestdenaliguy

• 8 months later...

This topic is kind of old, but I have the same problem....but only sometimes. I also have removed the magnetic shocks. each start up, I get the warning and dismiss it (I have a bed resistor). The problem is the 85mph limit is hit and miss. There is no consistency. It only does it occasionally. I have pulled over, shut it off, and restarted, and it will go beyond 85. It''s crazy. No codes, but could it be something else and not the suspension?