Oil catch can recommendations

I was asking because you want the hoses and even the can to be in a area that is warm. Even stock the hoses have frozen. Super rare but that said the aluminum can and the longer house do not help this.
As far as oils there are better oils but watch your oil pressure first. We have 2 stage oil pumps so low at idle isn't that big a deal but at full throttle what the pressure goes up to. There are many more important factors with oil then just increasing the weight to comp for heat. I just don't know what is available there.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/18/2019 at 7:18 PM, 1SLOW1500 said:

Yes and no. In FI we need much more breathing so a tank is used with or without the catch can.
Issue is a single in an single out only covers the valley cover to the middle of the intake manifold.
So the issue is under boost the intake is under pressure and the check valve from elite closes. So now you get pressure. This causes many problem and more blow by. Now you did address the 2 large hoses in the valve covers go that sees the pressure and dents it out the engine to the intake tube. So now you have oil in the intake again.
Best to have the valve covers going to the catch can and the valley cover also. On a na engine. Can cleans and always sees vaccum.
On fi old school breathers and catch can on vally cover with 2nd port to before boost source.
So you see I have 3 breather lines to tank and then elite deals with cleaning just valley. When in boost check valve closes and the 2nd port goes to before turbo. Lots of vaccum there. Not that it is needed with my breather.
So in my opinion block off intake tube, jump passenger valve cover to driver side the css to elite. Clean it all. 57b7a96c57437a3e9b42a697eb052f12.jpg539323790d4fa50d75ed7978a529e26c.jpg59220c258bf40bc12d07ee7415aeb53b.jpg

Im looking at adding a catch can. Im supercharged. I can see where most of your hoses are routed and understand them. Where is the hose on your air intake tube pre turbo going?

Yes it is best to have a vaccum source so pre turbo for me. Also the issue is if you have the 2 ports on the intake tube for the valve covers. It is absolutely best to port those to atmosphere. Many supercharger guys have just a breather tank for those.
In my opinion very best is no PCV line goes back to engine. Catch cans and breather tanks for all. Then you can say zero oil can get to intake.

6 hours ago, 1SLOW1500 said:

Yes it is best to have a vaccum source so pre turbo for me. Also the issue is if you have the 2 ports on the intake tube for the valve covers. It is absolutely best to port those to atmosphere. Many supercharger guys have just a breather tank for those.
In my opinion very best is no PCV line goes back to engine. Catch cans and breather tanks for all. Then you can say zero oil can get to intake.

So I should be good running valve covers straight to breather tank and running a catch can. In side of catch can from valley cover and outlet to vacuum port on supercharger? With one check valve on inlet side? Sorry I’ve played around with this some and haven’t had great Results. Just wanna do it once and do it right 

So I should be good running valve covers straight to breather tank and running a catch can. In side of catch can from valley cover and outlet to vacuum port on supercharger? With one check valve on inlet side? Sorry I’ve played around with this some and haven’t had great Results. Just wanna do it once and do it right 
That is fine....well in my opinion it is better then most as the valve covers NEED to vent. So a breather tank for that is best option. You don't even need the check valve on the catch can line to the port on the supercharger as there is always a vaccum on that.