Interfacing android phone with mylink

We just purchased a 2015 Chevy Suburban with the mylink system. I have 2 questions.  1. Is there an app that will allow my to pass information from my android phone to the GPS?  I have a Garmin GPS and it has an app that links the phone to the GPS.  If I or my passenger look up something on my phone and it has a "directions" link, that phone can send that position to my GPS and add it to my trip.  This is very useful when traveling cross country and looking for someplace to eat or spend the night.  Also is there a way to use my data from my phone with the mylink wifi?  I hate to pay again for something I already have.

I do not think there was Android Auto for the Suburban in 2015.  You could upgrade through  gm-navigation.com  and have android auto.  You will be limited to what android auto allows and I am most;y sure Garmin is not part of it.  You would have to look that up through android auto as they control what you can and cannot do with it. 

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for your help.  I think I will stick with my Garmin.  We recently traveled from our home in Mississippi to Amarillo Texas.  The Garmin routed us through Dallas then to US 287 to Amarillo.  The Chevrolet GPS routed us to Dallas, then wanted us to continue north to Oklahoma City on I-35, then from there to Amarillo on I-40.  This would have added a couple of hours to our trip and at least 100 miles.  The Chevrolet GPS continued to try to get us to I-40 even after we passed Wichita Falls and were only a couple of hundred miles from Amarillo.  So the Chevrolet GPS is good for local stuff and keeping children entertained but not for long distance road trips, especially those that use roads other than interstate highways.  BTW I am not going to pay $100 to update a GPS in a vehicle that I have already paid over $30,000 to own.