2015 Silverado 6.2 lifter failure

About a month and a half ago my truck started making a pretty loud tapping noise, I figured it was one of the AFM lifters and scheduled an appointment at the dealership I had just bought the truck from. After a little further self diagnosis I determined that it was the #3 intake lifter and told the dealership this when I dropped it off. A week later when I go to get a loaner vehicle they showed me the lifter and confirmed that it was the number 3 intake. They said it was the worst lifter they had seen and were very surprised that it wasn't one of the AFM lifters. Now thanks to the GM strike I have been without the truck for a month due to the dealership waiting on parts. Has anyone else ever seen a lifter like that? Especially in the new LT engines?

20190924_113201.jpg

20190924_113211.jpg

2 hours ago, Snowcamo said:

Time for a new cam and lifters. Not just that one. All or nuthin. If it was me id go aftermarket all the way. Replace just the lifter and wait for it...

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

The dealership is replacing cam, all 16 lifters and push rods

Given its out of the original gm warranty you could ask for an aftermarket cam amd tune. Brian tooley makes a cam very simular to the factory minus the afm. Just throwing it out there. @ 130k im looking into aftermarket solutions.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Snowcamo said:

Given its out of the original gm warranty you could ask for an aftermarket cam amd tune. Brian tooley makes a cam very simular to the factory minus the afm. Just throwing it out there. @ 130k im looking into aftermarket solutions.

That’s where i got mine for everything for about 830$

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Snowcamo said:

Lol guess thats a trade off. Which cam did you go with?

Well I didn’t wanna change my stall or any of that so I just went with the non afm cam that was close to factory specs so I didn’t have to change out more then what was ****ed up lol ? shit I had to pay 500$ labor and another 100$ for fluids