Paint matching grille, suggestions please!

Hey What’s going on? So I have an LTZ, which has a little too much chrome for my liking so I purchased the black out grille from GM. It looks good but I’m gonna have the body shop paint the thick bar of the grille satin steel to paint match the truck. Now do I leave the bow tie black or paint match it as well? Suggestions welcome!

The shop is also paint matching mirror caps too. Mirror caps and grille for $150 through my local GM dealer body shop, which I think is a great deal. Now what else can I drop off for them to paint... haha

58FF6E2D-4263-4FD6-A1E8-6D1323A370F1.png

I would leave the bow tie black. You don’t typically see them color matched. I would probably paint the bumper before the grill though, would look like a high country unless you like the chrome.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/21/2019 at 10:15 PM, SatinSilvy said:

Hey What’s going on? So I have an LTZ, which has a little too much chrome for my liking so I purchased the black out grille from GM. It looks good but I’m gonna have the body shop paint the thick bar of the grille satin steel to paint match the truck. Now do I leave the bow tie black or paint match it as well? Suggestions welcome!

The shop is also paint matching mirror caps too. Mirror caps and grille for $150 through my local GM dealer body shop, which I think is a great deal. Now what else can I drop off for them to paint... haha

58FF6E2D-4263-4FD6-A1E8-6D1323A370F1.pngDo yo

Do you have a part number for the grill. I also have a LTZ and cannot stand all of the Chrome. Haven't been able to find the grill in black. 

5 minutes ago, Nathan Banga said:

Looks amazing! Definitely too much chrome on these LTZ's. Any idea on how I could get similar results with the Camera system? 

Cheap way, plasti dip it.

Wrap it in black vinyl or have a shop do it for you. 

Expensive way, have a body shop paint it. They will have to scuff it up, lay paint/clear then I would take it to get Clear wrapped ASAP. 

• 2 months later...
9 hours ago, Jonathan Trexler said:

Where can I find/what is the part for the lower bumper that is color matched?

The lower Valance on my RST comes in black plastic.  I had to replace that part with the lower valance from a High Country and the Chrome piece that goes over it.   From there the chrome piece was painted white and immediately wrapped in Paint Protection Film and ceramic coated.  I don’t have the part numbers but any dealership parts department will help you out.