New member from Florida!

LRod

Is that graphite metallic paint? Looks like it, I got the same on my truck. I shopped based on options, and it had all I wanted, but what sealed it was the paint. I love that color.

I have the same wheels as well. I had the aluminum 20s on my 2014, they were ok, but ride was a little harsh. I love the look of those 18" wheels and the ride softness is perfect with the extra tire sidewall height.

That's the first LD I have seen that had fog lights and not the fugly 5 spoke aluminum wheels.

Mine looks just like it, except it's a crew cab and 2WD. I also swapped the mirror covers to the chrome ones to help with the bug swarms we get in Seminole County FL.
You can even see some bug splatters in the attached picture!

Awesome! Welcome to the forum. [emoji41]a1db8b128c6c0cbbe4a982574a293660.jpg

Sent from my SM-J810F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, HeySkippyDog said:

Is that graphite metallic paint? Looks like it, I got the same on my truck. I shopped based on options, and it had all I wanted, but what sealed it was the paint. I love that color.

I have the same wheels as well. I had the aluminum 20s on my 2014, they were ok, but ride was a little harsh. I love the look of those 18" wheels and the ride softness is perfect with the extra tire sidewall height.

That's the first LD I have seen that had fog lights and not the fugly 5 spoke aluminum wheels.

Mine looks just like it, except it's a crew cab and 2WD. I also swapped the mirror covers to the chrome ones to help with the bug swarms we get in Seminole County FL.
You can even see some bug splatters in the attached picture!

Awesome! Welcome to the forum. emoji41.pnga1db8b128c6c0cbbe4a982574a293660.jpg

Yep same paint as your's! It was cloudy so it looks darker in the picture. I bought it out in Clermont. It was the only dealer close enough that has tons of stock on trucks.  It happen to have plenty of equipment "All star package" & 4x4 and I too loved the color and bought it. I took those pictures 2 weeks ago. I've since then also added some nerf bars and a bed liner. I'm like 25 miles south of you so I have the same bug problem as you unfortunately. I actually went in with the intention of the new body style unknowing that they were making the old body style also for 2019. I drove both, parked them side to side and saw all the details. I didn't like the new body style. It felt like they cheaped out on the truck and I just didn't really like the new look in person. I fell in love with this one and that was that. And I got a better deal! I got a V8 4x4 for the price of a new body style 4 cylinder turbo or V6 4x4. I'm happy! BTW, nice truck!! You have good taste LOL! Thank you for the welcome!

Yep same paint as your's! It was cloudy so it looks darker in the picture. I bought it out in Clermont. It was the only dealer close enough that has tons of stock on trucks.  It happen to have plenty of equipment "All star package" & 4x4 and I too loved the color and bought it. I took those pictures 2 weeks ago. I've since then also added some nerf bars and a bed liner. I'm like 25 miles south of you so I have the same bug problem as you unfortunately. I actually went in with the intention of the new body style unknowing that they were making the old body style also for 2019. I drove both, parked them side to side and saw all the details. I didn't like the new body style. It felt like they cheaped out on the truck and I just didn't really like the new look in person. I fell in love with this one and that was that. And I got a better deal! I got a V8 4x4 for the price of a new body style 4 cylinder turbo or V6 4x4. I'm happy! BTW, nice truck!! You have good taste LOL! Thank you for the welcome!
I work in Brevard as a mechanical engineer, cruise 100 miles a day, 5 days a week in my truck. This is my 2nd K2 pickup, my 2014 was a double cab, but I had kids and needed space for these giant car seats they make these days and had to trade.

I did my best with the painted covers on the mirrors but they will pit and get nasty because of all the damn bugs. The chrome ones are a lot tougher. Ride yours out until they bother you, then go to the OEM chrome ones.

My other exterior mod is the AVS hoodflector II and the AVS in-channel vent visors. I recommend those if you're interested.

I work in Brevard as a mechanical engineer, cruise 100 miles a day, 5 days a week in my truck. This is my 2nd K2 pickup, my 2014 was a double cab, but I had kids and needed space for these giant car seats they make these days and had to trade.

I did my best with the painted covers on the mirrors but they will pit and get nasty because of all the damn bugs. The chrome ones are a lot tougher. Ride yours out until they bother you, then go to the OEM chrome ones.

My other exterior mod is the AVS hoodflector II and the AVS in-channel vent visors. I recommend those if you're interested.

Wow! I bought the mothers bug remover and it works super. I usually wash my cars once a week and I apply that before the wash and it works like magic. It's also safe for the paint, chrome & plastic. I'm thinking about the bug visor. I had one on my last truck but it would get grime under it even though I washed every week. I hated that because eventually it would mess up the paint. I might have to do it though. The idea of eventually moving over to OEM chrome mirrors sounds good. I will keep it in mind. I don't plan on leaving the truck as is. I'll be adding stuff to it as time goes by. Of course it's all money so it all has to be budgeted and done little by little. My first big add-ons will probably be a gentle lift, tires & a different exhaust. We shall see!!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Wow! I bought the mothers bug remover and it works super. I usually wash my cars once a week and I apply that before the wash and it works like magic. It's also safe for the paint, chrome & plastic. I'm thinking about the bug visor. I had one on my last truck but it would get grime under it even though I washed every week. I hated that because eventually it would mess up the paint. I might have to do it though. The idea of eventually moving over to OEM chrome mirrors sounds good. I will keep it in mind. I don't plan on leaving the truck as is. I'll be adding stuff to it as time goes by. Of course it's all money so it all has to be budgeted and done little by little. My first big add-ons will probably be a gentle lift, tires & a different exhaust. We shall see!!

The common "gentle lift" is Bilstein 5100 shocks. The fronts will raise your front end 2" at the top snap ring setting. Without step bars, I will say that the 2" lift is a pain. I had 5100s in my 2014 and loved the ride, and I have another set in the garage waiting to go into my 2017 when my shocks are toast. Of course, I will be installing them at stock height.

I left my 2017 at stock height, it came with the steps. It's a breeze in or out. My 2014 was leveled on 20s, and jumping in and out got old. Be careful with that.

I tried religious washing on the mirror caps but eventually those little bastards will etch that painted plastic.

25 minutes ago, HeySkippyDog said:

The common "gentle lift" is Bilstein 5100 shocks. The fronts will raise your front end 2" at the top snap ring setting. Without step bars, I will say that the 2" lift is a pain. I had 5100s in my 2014 and loved the ride, and I have another set in the garage waiting to go into my 2017 when my shocks are toast. Of course, I will be installing them at stock height.

I left my 2017 at stock height, it came with the steps. It's a breeze in or out. My 2014 was leveled on 20s, and jumping in and out got old. Be careful with that.

I tried religious washing on the mirror caps but eventually those little bastards will etch that painted plastic.

Not that gentle, LOL!! I mean like a 4"-4.5". If I'd drive as much as you, I'd definitely stay at stock height. My daily round trip is 24 miles so it's OK. The getting in an out I'm sure can get old. But at like 4" I think is OK. 6" & up I can see a major issue especially when the family rides. Regardless what lift I end up with, I'll still be installing the 5100's. I'm leaning towards a CST 4.5". I'm in the research stage because I still have to budget for whatever I end up doing and I just got the truck. I love coilovers but I don't think I'd be willing to spend what they cost. 

The other thing a lot of people gripe about (never bothered me from a drivability standpoint) was the V4/V8 transitions.

I never felt them, and it didn't bother me any, but allegedly it contributes to lifter collapse, so I purchased a Range module to plug into my OBD port to keep it as a full time V8.

Now. With that said, I drove 110,000 miles in my 2014 with V4 available and didn't have a problem. So that's up to you.

I do believe that it has more power with V4 disabled. But that's your choice.

The other thing a lot of people gripe about (never bothered me from a drivability standpoint) was the V4/V8 transitions.

I never felt them, and it didn't bother me any, but allegedly it contributes to lifter collapse, so I purchased a Range module to plug into my OBD port to keep it as a full time V8.

Now. With that said, I drove 110,000 miles in my 2014 with V4 available and didn't have a problem. So that's up to you.

I do believe that it has more power with V4 disabled. But that's your choice.

Was that 110k miles mostly highway? I think a lot of the problems could be associated to v4 mode switching constantly for say town driving. I know before I got my range device it was constantly switching and 90% of my driving is in town short trips lots of stop lights. I just wasn’t going to chance it. Plus I like the way the vehicle performs in v8 mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I installed a range device 5 days after buying the truck. I didn't want to take the chance with messing the engine up and I like the full time V8. I did feel the changes especially in the transmission.

Was that 110k miles mostly highway? I think a lot of the problems could be associated to v4 mode switching constantly for say town driving. I know before I got my range device it was constantly switching and 90% of my driving is in town short trips lots of stop lights. I just wasn’t going to chance it. Plus I like the way the vehicle performs in v8 mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep, pretty much all of it was highway.

I have a Range now and I agree that it drives much better. It has not really hurt my fuel economy that bad either.