Recovering stuck work van

Today I had to rescue a *cough* Ford *cough*  Work van from a sticky situation. He was stuck in some wet dirt on my Broken concrete driveway on an incline. I used the attached recovery strap and hooked it up on my front tow hook on my trail boss (the red ones). I was on a concrete portion and had my truck in 4HI and reverse pulled him out at a very low speed. He was in neutral and I tried to keep it as steady as possible, but there was a slight jerk forward as I released off of the gas pedal in reverse And the work van moved forward down the incline and I immediately eased on the gas pedal in reverse again to finish smoothly pulling him out. If this had potentially damaged my transmission/ drive shaft, I would definitely know it right? There was no pops or noises of any kind, just that slight jerk. I also drove the truck to run an errand afterward and it drove perfectly fine. I just want to make sure there isn’t some underlying issue that can occur without a warning sign.

Thanks! 

D4374139-A63A-4EBA-929D-B602B25347A6.png

Edited by NCD

I'm no transmission expert, but I have pulled and been pulled out of many sticky situations and what you are describing sounds perfectly normal.  There's always going to be some give in the transmission/engine hookup due to the the torque converter.  I don't see how what you are describing is any worse than someone shifting from reverse to drive before the car actually stops moving.  Might have caused a bit of a pressure spike in the fluid, but I can not see how that would do anything.  There obviously has to be some give in take in the transmissions to allow for that kind of movement otherwise they would be disintegrating left and right!

Think you are A OK!