2019 Silverado shudder/ vibration

Hi everyone, my 2019 Silverado seems to have a shudder/ vibration when cruising on the highway. This happens quite often on my drive to work and back. I put the truck on manual mode and didn't allow it to get into 8th and the shudder/vibration was gone. When I took it into the dealer to have it looked at they called it normal operating but the loaner they lent me had the same issue.  I came across a service bulletin for 2018 Silverado's that called out a transmission fluid change to help with a shudder issue with the torque converter. Has anyone experience these issues and tried this service bulletin or have a different fixed that worked? Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Update just heard back from the dealer. They could not replicate the vibration, which is surprising because it literally does it every drive on the highway. I'm going to give another dealership a shot. Does anyone know what the truck uses to determine when DFM should turn off?

Yeah, it happens on almost all of my drives if they involve highway. 19 LT Z71 with the 5.3 8 spd transmission and If I remember correctly a 3:21 gear ratio.  I'd love to know what tells it to go back to 8 cylinders, I imagine it would be rpm. I'm wondering if something as simple as a slightly bigger set of tires would cause it to get out of DFM mode quicker and reduce the shake. 

I test drove a 2018 Sierra SLT 5.3 with the 8 speed yesterday at a Toyota dealership and it did the same thing. The salesman was sitting in the back seat and I asked him if he felt the shudder, he did and wondered what it was. I thought it was occurring when it dropped in 4 cylinder mode so I put it manual mode and 7th gear and it continued to shutter every few seconds.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

There is a service bulletin for 2018s that changes the transmission fluid to help with a torque converter shutter. On my 19 if I put it in manual 7th it won't shutter/vibrate, I don't think it goes into DFM at that rpm on the highway. 

I am having the same problem with my 2017 Silverado.  It has 28,000 mile on it and I think 20,000 is from it being in the garage.  The dealership that I bought it went out of business and I had taken it to another.  They said they put a new tourque pump in it.  Well the problem is still there!  so I went back and told them and they said bring it back in on Dec. 13, 2019, so they told me to leave it in the morning and they would try something else!  I thought I would take the mileage off when I dropped it off so I did. (this was at 7:45 AM)  3:00 came and I called them and asked about if it was done,  they stated(yes to come and get it)  so I went to the dealership and they told me they couldn't find anything wrong, to come and get one of there trucks and drive it and see if it does the same thing (not sure why other than sell me another truck)  When I got in my truck and checked the mileage it had the same mileage that it had when I parked it !  I called them and they said that they seen the machanic going with the keys!  Really frustrated !!!  They said they would take it for a ride when I came and drove there truck.  Well that isn't going to happen.  I am not sure what to do next or who to contact !!  any advise . 

• 3 weeks later...

Its AFM / DFM its a know issue. The computer activates AFM / DFM, the cylinders deactivate, engine trans start to vibrate and shutter. Its all garbage and nothing avail to deactivate it. If i put my truck into AUTO instead of 2WD then its does it less, the engine seems to not want to go into AFM / DFM every god darn 5 secs in AUTO

On 1/3/2020 at 1:50 PM, Jeffrey Allen said:

I'm calling another dealership today to give them a shot.  The dealership I bought the truck from doesn't seem to interested in trying to fix anything.  I will post how this trip goes. 

Quick heads up. No dealership is gonna be interested in fixing anything. You'll get better customer service and satisfaction by going to Taco Bell.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...