front brake rattle

i have a front brake rattle on my 2015 HD. ive seen guys complain that the older (2001-2010) trucks do it and saw some kind of a spring that napa has to fix that.   i didnt see anything on the newer HD trucks.  i know its the front calipers,you can actually move them up and down very slightly and it makes a click/rattle sound going over bumps and i feel it in the steering wheel at times.  has anybody had this issue?   dealer says normal.    thanks

• 3 weeks later...

11+ brakes (front and rear) are significantly bigger than the 10 and earlier.  

Followed gm pickup and  Dmax forums for a long time, and can't say as I recall complaints about front brake rattle.  

I think the service advisor is wrong about it being normal.

If the service tech says the movement is 'normal' perhaps the brakes aren't the source of the noise?  

yeah, i realize the size of the earlier ones are different.  when i searched for brake noises that was all over the place with the earlier trucks.      i ended up putting new GM pads and also the new clips that go in the caliper and then put gorilla tape on the ends of each brake pad.   rattle is gone.   hopefully will last for years.      thanks for the reply.

• Like 1