Anyone light their grille??

Got a 2019 Custom and I think one of my next projects is going to be doing some subtle lighting inside the grill and illuminate CHEVROLET across the front. I've never really messed with accent lighting before, always thought it was kinda cheesy but I think this would look cool if done correctly. Anyone attempted grill/accent/underglow lighting or have any otherwise useful information? Thanks in advance!

I have done this to mine.  the trick to doing it is not to mess with the wiring harness.   I used a plug and play 5th wheel harness to give me a 4 pin output while still able to utilize the factory due plug on the bumper then ran new wiring upfront.  This allowed me to tie into the trailer harness with no cutting or splicing ( very clean).  but only light the grill when the parking lights come on.  

FB_IMG_1579554309421.jpg

• Like 2

21 hours ago, chevy 95 said:

I have done this to mine.  the trick to doing it is not to mess with the wiring harness.   I used a plug and play 5th wheel harness to give me a 4 pin output while still able to utilize the factory due plug on the bumper then ran new wiring upfront.  This allowed me to tie into the trailer harness with no cutting or splicing ( very clean).  but only light the grill when the parking lights come on.  

FB_IMG_1579554309421.jpg

that looks awesome.  any info on what you used?  

23 hours ago, chevy 95 said:

FB_IMG_1579554309421.jpg

Looks awesome! I had toyed with the idea of doing this as well but am not very talented when it comes to electrical work. Hopefully someone will come out with a kit to overcharge me for my lack of skills, ha...

parts I used from amazon below.    you have to get creative to make a backer to the grill to keep the light from lighting up the entire radiator area behind.  I used the thin plastic from the bottom of the reusable grocery bags, and metal rod to hold it in place.   I had the zip ties needed to make this work.  I would suggest getting a brighter led strip as with the headlights converted to LED now the center is dim compared to the headlights.

led strip WOTECH 60 Inch LED Truck Bed Lights, White LED Strip Lights, Waterproof 12V LED Light Bar for Jeep Pickup Truck, RV SUV Vans Cargo Boats, Auto Lights and More   I used 3 of them ( not very bright with only 2)

4 pin slitter ( I also installed an under bumper led brake and reverse light)NEW SUN 4 Pin Flat Y-Splitter Wiring Harness with Rubber Cab for LED Brake Tailgate Light Bars Waterproof

factory harness tie in ( makes it clean without messing with the factory wiring to keep the warrnaty)   OPT7 7 to 4 Pin Tailgate Trailer Light Connector Adapter Extension- 4 FT

4 pin to allow for the wire to run upfront to the grill  CURT 58030 Trailer Side 4-Way Trailer Wiring Harness with 12-Inch Wires, 4-Pin Trailer Wiring

• Like 1